Leopard Mail

Discussion in 'macOS' started by dstein, Nov 5, 2007.

1. dstein macrumors member

Hey I noticed in Leopard the mail.app doesnt give me any notification when its checking my POP server for mail...in tiger i always got a spinning deal next to the inbox...is there any feature like this in leopard's mail?

2. briansolomon macrumors 6502

briansolomon

3. Quillz macrumors 65816

Quillz

I get the "spinning dial" in Mail, and actually, Leopard goes on step further because now you can add a "Mail Activity" window the bottom left corner.

4. dstein thread starter macrumors member

Hmm...I dont get the spinning animation and I only get the mail activity when It's actually retrieving the mail. Any suggestions on how to fix it??

5. CavemanUK macrumors 6502

CavemanUK

I get the "throbber" fine when checking for mail.

I just noticed tho that mail still has a silly behaviour:- if a new mail is thought to be junk or you click on junk, it moves it to the junk folder.. If you peruse your junk folder and decide something is not junk, surely by clicking on "not junk" it should move it back to its original folder?

6. zub3qin macrumors 65816

zub3qin

This happened even with the old pre-Leopard Mail. I agree it was annoying.

On an unrelated note, anyone seeing their Spotlight search window hiding behind a window when you open it, periodically? You can only see the top part of the search box.

7. dstein thread starter macrumors member

hmm...so does anyone know how i could get my spinner to work in mail? we installed leopard with the same disk on my roommate's macbook and and it doesnt have the spinner either...suggestions?!