Leopard Mail

dstein

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 5, 2007
Hey I noticed in Leopard the mail.app doesnt give me any notification when its checking my POP server for mail...in tiger i always got a spinning deal next to the inbox...is there any feature like this in leopard's mail?

Quillz

macrumors 65816
Jan 6, 2006
Los Angeles, CA
Hey I noticed in Leopard the mail.app doesnt give me any notification when its checking my POP server for mail...in tiger i always got a spinning deal next to the inbox...is there any feature like this in leopard's mail?
I get the "spinning dial" in Mail, and actually, Leopard goes on step further because now you can add a "Mail Activity" window the bottom left corner.

Comment

dstein

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 5, 2007
Hmm...I dont get the spinning animation and I only get the mail activity when It's actually retrieving the mail. Any suggestions on how to fix it??

Comment

CavemanUK

macrumors 6502
Jun 29, 2006
Rhyl, North Wales
I get the "throbber" fine when checking for mail.

I just noticed tho that mail still has a silly behaviour:- if a new mail is thought to be junk or you click on junk, it moves it to the junk folder.. If you peruse your junk folder and decide something is not junk, surely by clicking on "not junk" it should move it back to its original folder?

Comment

zub3qin

macrumors 65816
Apr 10, 2007
I get the "throbber" fine when checking for mail.

I just noticed tho that mail still has a silly behaviour:- if a new mail is thought to be junk or you click on junk, it moves it to the junk folder.. If you peruse your junk folder and decide something is not junk, surely by clicking on "not junk" it should move it back to its original folder?

This happened even with the old pre-Leopard Mail. I agree it was annoying.

On an unrelated note, anyone seeing their Spotlight search window hiding behind a window when you open it, periodically? You can only see the top part of the search box.

Comment

dstein

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 5, 2007
hmm...so does anyone know how i could get my spinner to work in mail? we installed leopard with the same disk on my roommate's macbook and and it doesnt have the spinner either...suggestions?!

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.