Leopard MBP logic board change - settings are different?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Costa Del Sol, Oct 17, 2013.

1. Costa Del Sol, Oct 17, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2013

Costa Del Sol macrumors newbie

Hi everybody,

I brought my leopard mbp from 2007 to apple store in NC for a logic board change. My machine originally required a password to wake up from sleep and had a guest account. I didnt provide any passwords.

But when I got the machine back, it woke up from sleep (in a way that it was waking up from a finished battery, the "long", critical battery version, I suppose this'd make sense since the board has changed if sleep/hibernate status is stored on the hD) and opened without asking any password (it died during sleep/hibernate mode before, meaning it was ok when I closed the lid).

also the finder view mode was changed to grid mode.

I am a bit worried if someone, somehow stole my data, etc. I checked if any file was opened via spotlight but all last opened dates were dating back to before repair, in accuracy with my usage right before computer died (it never wake up from sleep/hibernate mode).

2. Krazy Bill macrumors 68030

Krazy Bill

There's no way to know if somebody accessed your files. If I had something that critical on that drive I would have swapped it out before taking it in. Even if I had to buy one.

Barring any illegal activity, I wouldn't worry about it. The NSA has it all anyway. :D