Leopard Menu Bar Troubles

Discussion in 'macOS' started by RedBarchetta, Aug 6, 2008.

1. RedBarchetta macrumors member

So I have a 2.2 Macbook Pro from last summer with Leopard 10.5.4 and all the latest updates on it. Just lately something is really bugging me. All of a sudden the only icon I have in my menu bar is the Spotlight icon. My date/time, Canadian keyboard flag, time machine, airport, and other icons have just disappeared.

I go into system preferences and click display each one of those in the menu bar however they do not show up in the bar. I quit system preferences and re-open it and once again the checkbox beside "Display 'x' in the menu bar" is unchecked.

Anyone else having this sort of trouble?

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

I have that problem once in a while in Tiger. A simple restart usually fixes it, although sometimes I've had to repair permissions, boot into to safe mode, or reinstall the OS (not an Archive and Install).

TEG

3. RedBarchetta thread starter macrumors member

Thanks, I ended up figuring it out. Basically the Windows BootCamp portion of my computer hadnt been shut down properly so as soon as I did that (the whole start Windows normally thing) and than restarted it from Windows the problem fixed itself...weird.

4. ambientnun macrumors newbie

menu bar problems

Hi Red,

I have a similar problem and cant fix it. The menu bar flashes and I cant access the airport , time or bluetooth controls when I clcik on them.

When I go to prefs , I try to add the time and airport o the menu bar and as soon as I check the box with a tick - it waits a few seconds and un checks itself !
    I don.t have bootcamp, Ive fxed permissions and done a sweep with tech tools but to no avail, I'm not sure what else to try ?

any ideas ?

matt