Leopard Menu Bar

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Barret Oliver, May 27, 2008.

1. Barret Oliver macrumors newbie

I'm curious, does anybody really use the translucent menu bar feature in Leopard? I don't, and without it, the menu bar looks rather black and white (i.e. ugly). Is there anyway to patch Tiger's menu bar into Leopard? I miss the blue Apple and the two-tone effect.

2. tersono macrumors 68000

tersono

hmm - I do on all of my machines. Doesn't really bother me, although I wouldn't cry if it was gone and replaced by the Tiger version either...

3. dops7107 macrumors 6502a

dops7107

FWIW... I use it, and prefer it to the non-translucent option. I guess it depends on the background image in use. However I do like Tiger's menu bar with blue spotlight & :apple:.

4. kuwisdelu macrumors 65816

I love my translucent menu bar! Doesn't cut off the background image anymore, and makes the whole desktop a lot more fluid and aesthetic. What's not to love?

Now if only the drop-down menus were translucent again... :(

5. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

I have to agree that translucent is the way to go. Computers need to start looking more futuristic. (Although I think it should be a full blown option because I know not everyone likes it)

6. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

7. siorai macrumors 6502

I use translucent. I even did the hack that brings back the more translucent bar/menus from 10.5.0. It looks great and doesn't reduce legibility at all.

8. johnnyjibbs macrumors 68030

johnnyjibbs

Translucent all the way. Leopard opaque is just ugly! Too bad for PowerPC owners - that's bad on Apple's part.

9. Samwise592 macrumors regular

Where can i get that hack?

10. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

yep i used that hack but then then you cant get the 10.5.2 opaque menu bar but it doesnt bother me that much.

the hack is here (not for the faint hearted)

EDIT: wait i thought it was there but i can find the posting of the files an instructions. used to be here and the thread title has been changed??? does anyone know the user who posted the files so we can PM him/her if a future update overwrites the files?