Leopard Migration Question?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by newLeopardUser, Oct 29, 2007.

1. newLeopardUser macrumors newbie

After the Leopard basic upgrade and archive and install options failed on my computer I did an erase and install. Now I am looking for the best way to migrate my data from my backup volume.

I am told I can use the migration assistant for this purpose, but I want to be selective in what I transfer over. I have already installed and updated my iLife '08 and Microsoft Office programs. Basically, all I need to transfer are some documents in my documents folder, iTunes data, iPhoto data, and addressbook data. Is there a way to customize my migration process just to migrate this data over to my new account.

If the migration assistant is not the way to go for this purpose, what other procedure should I use.

I would like to save my data's metatags if possible. Any suggestions would be most appreciated. Thanks.

2. Gojulas895, Oct 29, 2007
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2012
  3. newLeopardUser thread starter macrumors newbie

I backed up my information using Carbon Copy Cloner, so I believe it is a disk image. Also, I did change the short name in my new user account. Will this affect my data if I transfer it over. If I do the add to library option in iTunes will that have the same affect or does it just provide a link to the data which would be lost if I move the location? Thanks.