Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WannaGoMac

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Feb 11, 2007
Is there another Apple event in September?
I was disappointed that nothing was mentioned regardings Leopard's October release.

Would be nice to know if it will be October 1, 15, or 31?

Retired
May 16, 2006
We can expect to see a final overview and launch details released most likely at Mac Expo Paris. I'm pretty sure that's at the end of September.

Yes, while Apple Expo Paris 2007 was originally planned to take place on September 18th-22nd, new dates have been announced: September 25th-29th :)

darthraige

macrumors 68000
Aug 8, 2007
Coruscant, but Boston will do.
I think the one date to keep in mind is October 26th for Leopard. That was floating around for awhile now. Hopefully Paris can give us something good and not just focus on the iPhone internationally ... Cause I don't know about you, but I'm tired of hearing about iPhone and Leopard. It's time to do something with the MacPro.

WannaGoMac

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Feb 11, 2007
I think the one date to keep in mind is October 26th for Leopard. That was floating around for awhile now. Hopefully Paris can give us something good and not just focus on the iPhone internationally ... Cause I don't know about you, but I'm tired of hearing about iPhone and Leopard. It's time to do something with the MacPro.

Why Oct 26?

I sure hope it's not the end of October as I am waiting for the release to buy a refurb...

RBMaraman

macrumors 65816
Jul 25, 2002
New Albany, IN
Why Oct 26?

I sure hope it's not the end of October as I am waiting for the release to buy a refurb...

1. The past several OS releases have all happened at 6pm (local time) on a Friday.
2. Lately, whenever Apple announced a product will be available in a certain month, it has always happened as late in the month as possible.
3. Since October 26 is the last Friday in October, most people believe that will be the release date.

CANEHDN

macrumors 6502a
Dec 12, 2005
Eagle Mountain, UT
I seems like when Apple says they're releasing something during a certain time they release it at the end of that time. Whether it be end of the month, quarter, or year.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.