Leopard not installing

Discussion in 'macOS' started by vigeoh, Mar 22, 2009.

1. vigeoh macrumors newbie

number 1: bit confused, this is the second time i've registered with this website in the last 24hrs using the same email and user name, i can't seem to find my previous post.

The problem.
    I have a 2 year old iMac, so tiger is installed. The HD came pre partitioned, Macintosh HD (but i've just realised its called Maintosh HD, cant remember if its always been like this) and Data Disk

I recently got Leopard, i inset the cd and double click the icon, it tell me to restart, so i do restart but nothing happens.

I thought the problem could be the fact that about 8 gig was availiable on the Mac HD so i deleted around 8 gig, same thing happened.

My friend then recommended i remove the partition through dis utility, but nothing happened again.

I booted holding down alt but all i could do was boot from MAC HD.

I booted holding down c, nothing.

My friend is now recommending i create a DMG of the installation cd and create a partition on my external hd and make that the startup disk and install via that?

Im thinking i should reinstall tiger and remove the partition then install leopard.

Any ideas which idea is best or what the problem could be? faulty cd?

thanks alot

2. markojug macrumors regular

Hi

Try reinstalling Tiger on your Mac. If it works, then you need a new Leopard disc. If Tiger doesn't install, I would call Apple and tell them about the issue.

3. old-wiz macrumors G3

You have the retail Leopard disk? the black one?