Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Steve Works

macrumors newbie
Oct 24, 2007
:apple:Let's hope we DO see those rumored macbook updates soon! And also, let's hope it's not just a minor bump!:apple:

with the new intel cpu comming out...i hope they don't just stick them only to mb pro... i've been waiting to buy a new mb...waiting until november sucks... but if we see just a minor cpu update (like 2,16GHz becoming the new end of the line) and then 5 or 6months later a big boost...THAT WOULD REALLY SUCK!!!
i don't want to buy a new laptop that becomes OLD 5 months later! Steve, i'm counting on you, don't let me down!

(i only wish those new Intel Penryn become part of mb and mb pro imediately)

Elflovag

macrumors newbie
Oct 22, 2007
I was hoping that apple would update the macbooks with the launch of leopard. That way i would have been able to buy a new, updated macbook with leopard installed and get a free ipod nano, as part of the uk student offer. But the student offer is finishing on the 30th october :( so looks like im gonna miss out on the free ipod nano cos i aint gonna buy a macbook which is so close to the end of it's cycle. SO THIS NEXT MACBOOK UPDATE BETTER BE WORTH THE WAIT!

I think this student offer was because they wanted to sell as many "old" macbooks as possible before they come out with the new mb. So it would be not a coincidence that this offer is finishing on the 30th october, because maybe they'll announce the new mb-s arriving on the first of november.

I'm only guessing, but I hope my guesses are right:) It seems reasonable though.

Elflovag

macrumors newbie
Oct 22, 2007
if we see just a minor cpu update (like 2,16GHz becoming the new end of the line) and then 5 or 6months later a big boost...THAT WOULD REALLY SUCK!!!

(i only wish those new Intel Penryn become part of mb and mb pro imediately)

I agree. Though I think it's quite likely that the CPU's won't be upgraded very much. I only hope that they change that old graphic chip, and put an aluminium on the mb.

I think that Penryn will surely not come out in the new mb-s. It would be too early.

Phooto

macrumors member
Oct 30, 2007
I just received my :apple:MB White 2.16GHz/120GB which I ordered on Sunday, but I guess after reading this lot, I'll return it unopened. What pain, having it here, and not opening it! :(

In any case, Leopard's not in the box (I ordered it from PC World with their £40 discount).

vffikoncer

macrumors newbie
Nov 3, 2007
I know they just refreshed the iMac line, but I'm waiting until the next improvement.

I've read too many reports of problems and poor build quality.

aaronw1986

macrumors 68030
Oct 31, 2006
I have a question! i am going to buy imac in couple of days and if its pre installed with tiger n they give me leopard dvd to upgrade it, what will happen if i choose erase and install at the time of installation of leopard? after clean install, how can i get other applications like ilife which will be pre installed on tiger? will i get ilife cd also or i have to purchase it separately?

iLife will come on one of the restore DVD's. You will be able to re-install from this.

stermania

macrumors newbie
Nov 9, 2007
My 20 year old whined her way with me for a new MacBook.
It came with 10.5 installed. Nov 8, 2007

roblyh

macrumors member
Oct 31, 2007
My 20 year old whined her way with me for a new MacBook.
It came with 10.5 installed. Nov 8, 2007

Refer to the quote by stermania, that's a good news. To double confirm that, how many of you guys bought MBP recently with Leopard pre-installed? I really don't like to have 'drop-in' dvd in my purchase.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.