Leopard: one of the rounded corners have gone missing!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Iceduck, Jun 5, 2008.

1. Iceduck macrumors member

I know this sounds slightly OCD, but it is annoying me more and more each day. At some point I must have played around with some skinning software, and now one of the rounded corners on nested popups are missing (see pic).

Does anyone know where the graphic files for the corners are located so that I can correct this? Or maybe there is a terminal command to restore all default UI settings?

Regards,
    Anders

Attached Files:

2. Iceduck thread starter macrumors member

Not so sure about that. I checked a friends machine, and he had the nicest rounded corners that I have ever seen.

3. duncyboy macrumors 6502a

Nope- one edge of mine is squared off too and I've never used any skinning software.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Full of Win macrumors 68030

Full of Win

I think your whole graphics system is messed up - since all the fonts are messed up, e.g. the A and E are running together. Seriously, all my do as yours - the strong point in the upper left.

5. ergdegdeg Moderator emeritus

ergdegdeg

No, it's not messed up... You might have noticed that the System language is not English and the æ and Æ are normal characters in some languages.

6. bigandy macrumors G3

bigandy

Nah, that's how they are in Leopard.

Maybe skinning could solve it, but I wouldn't bother. I don't think a rounded corner would actually work there.

FAIL. :p

7. Iceduck thread starter macrumors member

:) I'm Danish, and Æ, together with Å and Ø, is one of three special characters that we use. So the missing corner is the only problem here.

8. Iceduck thread starter macrumors member

I guess it's normal then.. still doesn't explain why my friend has that corner. Seems very strange to me.

9. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Så is en del af interfacet. Det er ikke et problem.

10. AndyClarke macrumors regular

AndyClarke

Top left corner is always a right angle and not rounded. Get your friend to post a pic of his on here as I think he must have the problem not you.

11. Iceduck thread starter macrumors member

Upon more thorough inspection, you are right. What a weird little detail. When the sub-popup is left of the main popup, you can see a square outline around the top-left corner. Seems unlike Apple not to notice things like this.

12. The General macrumors 601

13. Iceduck thread starter macrumors member

If you look at the popup left of the main popup on a lighter background, you can see that there is a square dark outline, even though the corner is rounded. I probably care too much about unimportant things like this :)

14. AndyClarke macrumors regular

AndyClarke

The popups are always square for me on the top left corner. Just been trying to see if I can get one rounded for 5 mins. Even the keep arranged is not curved on the top left.

15. AndyClarke macrumors regular

AndyClarke

The popups are always square for me on the top left corner. Just been trying to see if I can get one rounded for 5 mins. Even the keep arranged is not curved on the top left.

16. Iceduck thread starter macrumors member

Just to show what I mean.

Attached Files: