Leopard online vis Vodafone E220!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by macintoshxiii, Jan 27, 2008.

1. macintoshxiii macrumors regular

macintoshxiii

Does anyone know how to connect the Vodafone USB Modem E220 to mac?? And I realized that it is not supporting Leopard and what should I do? I also tried it on my macbook but it just won't work. It keeps prompting me No data card etc. Any ideas? Tried installing the drivers and I am surprise that we need drivers for this man!

2. nazuk macrumors 6502

nazuk

You need the Vodafone Updated Software Installer.

I tested this in Leopard, and it worked - but I went back to Tiger for other reasons for the time being.

But when I did test it, it did work.

Do you want me to send you a link to the file?

3. macintoshxiii thread starter macrumors regular

macintoshxiii

ok i would love that and by the way do you think you can show me some guide in setting this thing up? seems like a hassle? sorry to bother i would like to get this setup and be done with in.... thank you so much. Anyway I have this installer 2.08.05.04 and after i installed nothing seems to be working... I guess i really need to know how to get about this device! The following is what I get....

[​IMG]
    Message I get...

[​IMG]
    The setting I have.....

[​IMG]

4. nazuk macrumors 6502

nazuk

Hi

Like I said, I did set it up with Leopard and it did work. But I went back to Tiger for other reasons.

However, it is very easy to setup (I think).

Download this http://depositfiles.com/files/3264051

That is the current version of the Vodafone Software - it's the main Dashboard type software, with the drivers that should work.

You can find it on the Vodafone website, but they make it extremely difficult.

Even I can't find it know, but I kept a copy on my iMac !!

Anyway, install this, but make sure your USB Modem is NOT attached for now.

Ensure you uninstall anything else relating to the modem that you might have installed first.

Let me know how you get on.

Regards, Naz

5. nazuk macrumors 6502

nazuk

Apologies, must have had browser issues, only just saw the screen shots after posting! Hang on...

6. nazuk macrumors 6502

nazuk

Ok, uninstall the software you got, with the USB Modem still attached.

Then reboot, make sure the modem and the settings don't exist in Internet Connect.

Remove the Modem from the Mac, and re-install the Software [without] the Modem attached.

Only attach the modem if and when your prompted to do so.

If your not prompted, then after install of the software, Launch the Vodafone Software program.

REMEMBER: Everytime you re-attach the modem, it takes about 15 to 30 seconds for the Mac to recognise it, you need to wait until the light flashes on the modem, and only then launch the Vodafone Software program.

7. nazuk macrumors 6502

nazuk

This is what the Vodafone website says in terms of installing the software:

Installation instructions for Vodafone Mobile Connect USB Modem:

Do not plug in the USB Modem until you have finished the software installation process described below and restarted your computer

Double click the 'Vodafone MC Installer'
    Authenticate the installer
    Read, continue and click 'agree' to the license agreement
    Select 'easy install' and click 'install'
    When prompted click 'restart'

8. nazuk macrumors 6502

nazuk

NOTE: You should NOT need to go into Internetconnect at all.

The software installer propagates all the settings automatically for you - see below.

Once you have launched the Vodafone software, with the drivers installed, and the USB modem attached - you need to activate the modem - which will send your settings to Internetconnect.

You use the Internetconnect to launch the connection, and you can place a tick to enable the Internetconnect to show up in the menu bar.

I always launch the connection from the menu bar.

There is no need to put in any settings manually.

PS: Who did you buy this from, was it directly from Vodafone?