Leopard or Tiger?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by MAC1988, Jun 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MAC1988 macrumors member

Do you guys think it would be a good idea to wipe my tiger install for leopard? Will i be able to use leopard until the final release in October or is it really buggy? I do have a spare HDD but it would be a pita to open up my mini and swap them just to try leopard, what do you guys think i should do I'm so tempted to just install leopard but I'm worried i will end up reinstalling tiger due to bugs and glitches, What do you guys think i should do seeing as i haven't used the Leopard 9A466 Beta.

2. janey macrumors 603

janey

you are a dev who went to wwdc and you don't know if you should install the leopard beta or not?

3. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

Where will you be getting the Leopard beta? Unless you're a developer (and by the sound of your post I'd say you're not), then I wouldn't recommend it. Just wait until Leopard is released to the general public.

4. smitty078 macrumors member

The fact that you are asking this question at all means that you should not be using Leopard beta. Do yourself a favor and wait until October.

5. Sbrocket macrumors 65816

Sbrocket

If you don't want to shell out the money to get an early and very buggy prerelease of Leopard, that's perfectly fine. But that doesn't mean you should get the closed beta through illegal means.

I was at first tempted to be spiteful and tell you to go ahead with using this copy of Leopard you "obtained" as your main OS, but I won't be unnecessarily mean. Plus you would probably come ask how to fix it. The long and short or it is this: Leopard is months from release. Features aren't implemented, core components are half-completed, and bugs are not in short supply. If you want to subject yourself to that simply for the purpose get getting to use a buggy OS before it's released then we can't stop you, but all you'll be doing is exposing yourself to problems you don't know how to deal with or debug, destabilizing your hardware, putting your possibly critical data in jeopardy, and subjecting yourself to using unfinished software.

6. janey macrumors 603

janey

Doesn't mean you should be asking questions on how to obtain, burn, install or use it either...

Doesn't stop a lot of people from doing it though, I've seen a fair number of threads on this lately :rolleyes: .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.