Leopard OSX: Don't Be Sad, Be Glad!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by ntrigue, Nov 6, 2007.

1. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

It always kills me to see the 'internet effect' on reviews. Most users are only going to take the time on a forum to express the broken, lost, or failed.

My hobby this evening has solidified my love for Leopard! I was downloading new songs, videos, and movies. I utilized Pixelmator, Handbrake, Quicktime, Spaces, Stacks, Quickview, iTunes, and Grab. Essentially, I froze the videos in order to create new Artwork in iTunes and the process went wonderfully!

As indicated above Quickview was likely the most powerful tool here. But, Stacks was also a critical piece.

For the first time I felt a terrific increase in productivity using Leopard's functionality.

Apple User (1992-1999) > XP User (1999-2006) > Apple User (2006-INFINITY)

2. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

I think you mean like that, unless of course you want us to go back to the mac days of old.

Also the dates probably need changing a bit as i was more productive in Panther than XP (sorry didn't own a mac before then so can't say about anything earlier)

3. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

It looked right how it was :confused:

I agree that Leopard is a nice solid upgrade, it's certainly been more stable for me than Tiger was when it was released.

4. ntrigue thread starter macrumors 68040

ntrigue

Oops those were timeline arrows, Leopard gets a giant greater than sign using your method.

5. Alloye macrumors 6502a

Leopard > Tiger

I also love Leopard. I haven't had a single negative issue with it. Sure, it isn't perfect. I think Stacks could use a couple of tweaks. Same goes for the menu bar. But overall, I'm very pleased with Apple's latest cat.

6. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

OK it is very late here but this is how i'm reading it

Original

Apple User (1992-1999) > (greater than) XP User (1999-2006) > (greater than) Apple User (2006-INFINITY)

Therefore Apple User (1992-1999) is greater than all of them and Leopard is at the bottom of the pile.

My version

Apple User (1992-1999) (less than)< XP User (1999-2006) (less than)< Apple User (2006-INFINITY)

Therefore Leopard is at the top of the pile.

Perhaps the clearest way to write it would be

Apple User (2006-INFINITY) > XP User (1999-2006) > Apple User (1992-1999) (less than)

But this is just mine in reverse order.

Then again i did say it was very late

Edit:

OK I gets yah now.

7. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

Uh, lol. I think he means he was an Apple user 'til 1999, then switched to Windows, and then just switched back in 2006, hence the forward arrows...

EDIT: step back away from the bong mang, I think you've got enough for tonight... ;)

8. zaxour macrumors newbie

come on, those are just timeline arrows. I don't think those phrases make sense when expressed as inequalities.

9. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

they look like arrows to me pointing to where he went.

lol anyway i think we all get the general point that hes trying to say

10. dacreativeguy macrumors 68000

Yes, Leopard is a great upgrade and has a lot of great features. The big problem is that a lot of people want to be on the bleeding edge of technology but don't have the patience or skills to deal with all the glitches associated with "version 1" of a new product.

I've been running Leopard on a test machine for a week and it is really nice but does have some issues. When 10.5.1 or 10.5.2 are released I'll think about upgrading my main computer. But it just isn't worth the hassle until some glaring bugs are fixed and 3rd party devs get a chance to catch up with compatible versions of their software.