Leopard Password

Discussion in 'macOS' started by maartenstrack, Dec 8, 2007.

1. maartenstrack macrumors newbie

I have problems with my password, can not give my 2 years old password on my macbookPro anymore tells me everytime that it is the wrong one. How can i see my real password?

I had lately also problems with my G5 but here i created a new account and most of my problems went away but here i can't even create a new accont because it is not accepting my password. The funny thing is when i open Mail it asked me now for the password and when i give my good old password it is OK. I don't now anymore

2. Aperture macrumors 68000

Aperture

Perhaps try starting up from the Leopard disk. I believe there is a utility in there to reset your password.

3. killerrobot macrumors 68020

killerrobot

When I first installed leopard it jacked up all my passwords my admin account.
    Resetting it via the startup disk - as said above- was the only solution for me.

4. Blogger macrumors 6502

You could also try running Keychain First Aid in the Keychain Access App in the Utilities folder.

5. EssentialParado macrumors 65816

Seeing as I'm here… I think I discovered a very easy way to reset the admin password on Leopard. Instead of booting from the install disc, just put the disc in the machine and simply start up as normal. At the login screen there will be a new password keyhole icon you can click on to reset the password. :)

6. Blogger macrumors 6502