Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

natemonster

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 15, 2007
Has anyone looked at the icons under 'Shared' in the sidebar close up? If you have a windows computer on you network you may notice that it has a different icon than a mac. If you go into 'Get Info', click on the icon at the top, +c, open preview, +n, and look closely you will see on the screen of the 'windows' computer it reads:
"
Windows

A fatal exception 8E has occurred at 6428:C8011E36 in VCB VMM (01) +
88810136. The current application will be terminated.

 Press any key to terminate the current application.
 Press CTRL+ALT+DEL again to restart your computer. You will lose any unsaved information in all applications.

Press any key to continue _
"

A Leopard Easter Egg?

xUKHCx

Administrator emeritus
Jan 15, 2006
The Kop
It was noted when Leopard was in pre-release and has been bought up a number of times since.

theman

macrumors 6502a
Jul 26, 2007
yeah, but there's no way Steve Ballzmer would do it... his business strategy is just to "stop the piracy in china so we can make $100million more in profits"

what the hell kind of business strategy is that? the day apple starts doing activation is the day i drop my macbook pro off the top of a parking garage. :eek: (i got the idea from my physics professor who did it to prove that the acceleration of gravity is 9.8 m/s :) but it was only an old powerbook...now he has a MBP)

EDIT: sorry for the totally random, rambling post...

brandonjp

macrumors newbie
Oct 8, 2008
Has anyone looked at the icons under 'Shared' in the sidebar close up? If you have a windows computer on you network you may notice that it has a different icon than a mac. If you go into 'Get Info', click on the icon at the top, +c, open preview, +n, and look closely you will see on the screen of the 'windows' computer it reads:
"
Windows

A fatal exception 8E has occurred at 6428:C8011E36 in VCB VMM (01) +
88810136. The current application will be terminated.

 Press any key to terminate the current application.
 Press CTRL+ALT+DEL again to restart your computer. You will lose any unsaved information in all applications.

Press any key to continue _
"

A Leopard Easter Egg?

Does anyone know how to change this icon...the easy 'get info' then copy and paste a new icon doesn't work??

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.