Leopard Performance?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by smogsy, Jan 31, 2008.

?

Leopard performance

1. Leopards way faster than tiger

14 vote(s)
    34.1%
  2. Tiger is Faster

9 vote(s)
    22.0%
  3. performance fix will be in 10.5.2

5 vote(s)
    12.2%
  4. its the same

13 vote(s)
    31.7%
  1. smogsy macrumors 6502a

would you say leopard is faster than tiger? to bootup/loading apps

ive noticed my bootup time is wway longer than most on youtube with less spec but noticed lot had tiger :)

2. Bakkalohriat Guest

Bakkalohriat

I wouldn't say Leopard is way faster, but I think it's reasonable to claim a small performance increase after an upgrade, especially on a system with good specifications.

3. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

i really haven't noticed any change between the two. i rarely shutdown/startup so i'm not basing it off of that. just off of application times and responsiveness.

4. heatmiser macrumors 68020

Tiger is fast enough for me. Still using it on my Macbook with no plans of switching.

5. ert3 macrumors 6502a

ert3

When i first got it it was kinda slow but after all was indexed and i had used apps alt east once or twice it was marginally faster and now its markedly faster.

6. Pees330 macrumors 6502

I'm running Leopard on the last revision iBook with 1.5GB ram and I haven't noticed any difference between the two that I can remember. It runs great and I rarely have any slowdowns.

7. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

i would say Tiger is faster than Leopard for me on my mac (specs in sig). Tiger booted up a faster and showed the menubar, dock and disks on the desktop way faster. I also have more beachballs in Safari than Tiger when viewing quicktime or flash videos.

8. letswastetime macrumors regular

its pretty much the same for me, havent really noticed a difference between the two.

9. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Tiger was definitely faster than Leopard on my MBP. I'm hoping that 10.5.2 improves things.

10. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

Same here. I get the occasional "sniffles" with Leopard and they were almost non-existent with Tiger.

Then again I think that Leopard will be good once 10.5.2 comes out, and by the time 10.5.3 comes out, we're going to be wondering how on earth we ever thought Tiger was faster. :p

11. smogsy thread starter macrumors 6502a

same as you ive got nearly double your spec (no offence) and i get the same issues. beachball spinning wheel when watching 1 or more flash video

if i use flip4mac on www.whatson.com get few browser crashes to

12. dukeblue91 macrumors 65816

dukeblue91

I think Leopard is faster and it is very stable for me running on 3 machines.