Leopard pre-installed on Macs

OldSkoolNJ

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2006
NOt to be negative but I would not take that as a deffinite that it is pre installed. It says ships "with" leopard. It is usually (usually) about 3 weeks before the drop in dvd stock is depleted.

Kevin :apple:

Comment

montycat

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 19, 2007
Florida
NOt to be negative but I would not take that as a deffinite that it is pre installed. It says ships "with" leopard. It is usually (usually) about 3 weeks before the drop in dvd stock is depleted.

Kevin :apple:
Good point. I will look into this. If its not pre-installed I will cancel my order and wait. Thanks

Comment

MikeyTree

macrumors 6502
Jan 5, 2007
Good point. I will look into this. If its not pre-installed I will cancel my order and wait. Thanks
If the computer ships with a Leopard disc, then doing the install is so easy that there's not much point in waiting. Just put in the Leopard disc, click on "erase and install" and wait for it to finish.

Comment

Impreza

macrumors member
Mar 17, 2003
California
If the computer ships with a Leopard disc, then doing the install is so easy that there's not much point in waiting. Just put in the Leopard disc, click on "erase and install" and wait for it to finish.
Unfortunately (or fortunately?), you'll lose iLife 08 that's already installed in the iMac if you do a clean install.

Comment
Unfortunately (or fortunately?), you'll lose iLife 08 that's already installed in the iMac if you do a clean install.
Yeah, this part's annoying because down the road, whenever you want to back up everything and refresh from start, you'll have to do a 2 step process. I'm wondering is there any way to get updated installer discs for your computer down the road? Maybe if you call apple or something and ask for it.. or say you never got it they'll send you new installer discs which would have Leopard on them.

Not suggesting to do this for bootlegging purposes or anything. Just to make your life easier whenever you want to refresh your comp.

I myself just bought a refurb 15" 2.2ghz MBP which I'm expecting will ship w/ a Leopard disc included.

Comment

Vidd

macrumors 6502a
Mar 7, 2006
I just ordered an iMac (on the 26th) and it apparently won't ship until the 2nd of November since I added a wireless mouse.
Will that comem with Leopard pre-installed? I forgot about iLife not being on the Leopard disc.

Comment

iphnct

macrumors newbie
Oct 27, 2007
Could someone confirm this statement? That would be the strongest reason to wait for a preinstalled Leopard

Comment

Willis

macrumors 68020
Apr 23, 2006
Beds, UK
You still get the original Tiger discs too to restore your computer. So, once Leopard is on, pop the Tiger disc in, when it loads up, scroll down and it has Additional Software you can install. iLife will be there along with other stuff that you can then put back on.

:)

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.