Leopard Pre-sign Problem (updated)

Discussion in 'macOS' started by taybo20, Oct 25, 2007.

1. taybo20 macrumors regular

taybo20

I am trying to pre-sign for Leopard delivery tomorrow. However, there is no link at Fed Ex for a pre-sign document to print off. And when I try to go through the Apple order page, it asks for me to login. After logging in, it shows that i have no orders so i can't click on an order to pre-sign for. I dont know what to do. This makes me mad. Perhaps I don't need a signature??

Anyone have any advice?

2. ncshawng macrumors member

The problem with the pre-sign form is that it has your name, address, shipment tracking number, etc. Otherwise, I'd just send you a link to a form.

If no one is there to sign for it, FedEx will leave a note for you mentioning the missed delivery. You can sign that form and leave it on your door, and then FedEx will leave it on the next delivery day.

3. taybo20 thread starter macrumors regular

taybo20

okay. i see. well i sure hope someone is at my house when it is delivered. I don't understand what is going on with the apple store sight. i login and none of my orders are listed. And everytime i hit "pre-sign for this shipment" it asks me to login again.

4. DeaconGraves macrumors 65816

DeaconGraves

Have you tried clicking on your order number in the e-mail you receieved from Apple saying Leopard has shipped? I just did that and was able to get to the pre-sign document.

5. stellarceltic macrumors member

I'm having the EXACT same problem. I can view the order status, and I see the link for Pre-signing, but when I click it, I'm asked to sign in. I sign in, it takes me to my order history, and NOTHING is listed.

I called Apple, and they were no help at all. They told me to sign whatever Fedex leaves tomorrow. Yeah... thanks. I want it TOMORROW not Saturday.

6. Craiger macrumors 6502a

Craiger

Same problem here. I think I will just leave a note on my door with all of the info, and sign it. I have done something similar before, but that was when I lived in a small town so things might be different.

7. cookiejuice macrumors member

If you hit the actual order number in the email and NOT the FED EX TRACKING number then it will open an apple order page. HERE is where you can get to the pre-sign form. Its a link right next do the FED EX Tracking Number on this page; the order details page

8. MacBandit macrumors 604

MacBandit

Yup we understand that but it takes us to a page that asks us to sign in and once we do it takes us to page that's suppose to show us all our orders for the past 90 days but there aren't any.

9. machd macrumors newbie

wow!!! Im having the exact same problem! Apple didnt help at all. It sucks for us! I thought I was the only one.

Its the shippers release authorization form. Is it a standard fedex form we can get from their website?

10. ichii macrumors 6502

ichii

I had the same problem, but I tried the link on the email again and it worked.

11. aviationwiz macrumors regular

Just write a note referencing the specific package, request they leave it at the door, and sign it. There's nothing special about the sheet Apple gives you.

12. MacBandit macrumors 604

MacBandit

Hmm I've been trying for hours and tried using Safari 2, Safari 3 beta, and Firefox. No luck.

13. coolant113 macrumors 6502

coolant113

yea all you have to do is leave a note outside stating that you want the package to be left at your house even if no on is present. And leave your signature on the bottom. I do it all the time when rdering from apple. And they always leave it with no prolem:apple::apple:

14. Khryz macrumors 6502a

Will this work?

15. stellarceltic macrumors member

I just got off the phone with FedEx, and they said that a hand-written note will work fine, regardless of your location.

Just make sure you say that you authorize them to leave the package at your door, and sign the note.

I'll be doing this before I leave for work tomorrow, and crossing my fingers...

16. andrewprocter macrumors newbie

does anyone know if this will work with purolator in canada?

17. powerbook911 macrumors 68040

powerbook911

Yeah I'd also put the tracking number on it.

18. maxjg macrumors member

I didn't see the option before it shipped, but as of this afternoon, when it shipped, I was able to print out a presign(which I have filled out, so the link definately does work).

19. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

It took me a few tries to get to the form. I logged in from the Store site, checked order status, and was able to access the form from there.

20. taybo20 thread starter macrumors regular

taybo20

Well I'm glad that this thread was able to help with a problem some of us were having. I thought I was the only one.

Thanks stellarceltic for calling FedEx!!!! I will leave a hand-written note tomorrow morning.

And thanks to everyone else!!!

21. taybo20 thread starter macrumors regular

taybo20

just recieved my copy of leopard. However fedex guy said that even though I left a note he couldn't have delivered or left the package. Luckily I had someone they to sign. Hopefully no one else has this problem. It would seem that not all fedex employees are on the same page.

22. macbeemer macrumors newbie

Fedex Leopard Delivery issue

Fedex is rejecting those signature release forms. I printed the one the Apple eMail directed me to, and left it. The Fedex guy threw it in my mailbox and left a door hangar, stating he'll be back Monday. I've been making a big stink on the phone, so he might be back sooner than he thinks. Maybe.

23. Khryz macrumors 6502a

If this is true then it's a good thing my delivery was delayed until late afternoon when my family will be home. If it was delivered on time at 10:30 nobody would have been home and I would have had the pre-sign agreement on the door.

24. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

Mine worked. Status says "Release on File" or something, and delivery says left at the front door.

25. MacBandit macrumors 604

MacBandit

Yup I got a denial of my note and signature as well. The note from the Fedex guy has a printout saying sender has required signature or signature recepient or that of a neighbor or of the door hanger only.