Leopard preferences keep erasing...

Discussion in 'macOS' started by ijimk, Nov 4, 2007.

1. ijimk macrumors 6502a

ijimk

Ok basically here is my issue. I set my expose and dashboard keys to keys on my keyboard and mouse and they usually stay for about 1-2 hours. When i come back they are all set to - under the system preferences. Any ideas for getting this to stick so i don't have to keep remapping them?

Edit: I think it may be an issue with WoW because of the post here http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=2766148150&postId=27656698496&sid=1#2
    would still appreciate an insight on this matter

2. JonD25 macrumors 6502

I've been having the same problem, and I don't have WoW. It was literally working just 5 minutes ago, then suddenly it was gone again. I haven't been doing anything out of the ordinary at all. It sticks longer than 1-2 hours for me though, but still, every so often it resets to "-" and I have to go back in preferences to change it back. I remember it happening in 10.5.1 and it's still happening now in 10.5.2

3. Blubbert macrumors 6502

There is an Apple script on that page that will reset the settings to their defaults when run. I use it whenever WoW decides to overwrite my Expose settings.

4. JonD25 macrumors 6502

That still doesn't explain my problem since I don't play WoW. As far as I can remember, I didn't open any programs that I don't normally open every day without my preferences being overwritten.