Leopard preinstalled on iMacs

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Tragedies, Oct 10, 2007.

1. Tragedies macrumors 6502

My dad will be back from Chicago in about a week at which time I'll be buying the 20'' 2.0Ghz iMac.

Since Leopard is due to be out shortly after my dad arrives (according to a few sites) I'll be waiting for Leopard first. However, I'm not to sure how long it will take from the Leopard release date to the day that iMacs will come installed with Leopard.

Will it be a few days after Leopard is announced that the iMacs will contain Leopard? A few weeks?

And/or will Apple let customers who buy an iMac AFTER the release date of Leopard is announced get the Leopard disk free (keep in mind I'm in Australia) or have a large discount (purchase it for around $20-$50 dollars?)

Thanks for the help and reading my post,

Mikey.

2. Steve Jobs=God macrumors 6502

Think it would take a few weeks, Apple aren't going to be able to completly restock all their stores with leopard loaded macs overnight

Always makes me laugh when people moan that they went in and got a mac a day after Tiger/iLife/other big software release and then start sulking that it isn't loaded on already

3. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Typically it has been about 14 days for the OS to ship after the announcement.

With the new Apple Store Online orders getting the OS first, they usually toss the DVDs in the boxes.

But a lot has changed, especially Apple avoiding the pre-order rush on hardware and software. (especially with the class action crowd soo active, since missed ship dates can lead to a stock market or consumer lawsuit these days.)

Good chance that it may be available the day of the announcement.

4. Tragedies thread starter macrumors 6502

Awesome, so hopefully to my luck it will be available on the first day.

If, however, it takes around two weeks, will I be able to buy an iMac with Tiger installed after the release date is announced and be given a discount on Leopard or given it for free?

5. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Likely $19.95 this time around ...

Don't expect the last $9.95 price to hold with the increases in prices since Tiger's release.