Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ArtOfWarfare

macrumors G3
Original poster
Nov 26, 2007
OK, I'm sure people have noticed that documents they saved since installing Leopard show previews of their contents when viewed in the finder. But I just set up a recent documents stack and I noticed that it's difficult to tell the files apart from each other at a glance. How can I make it so it shows the preview of the document in the stacks on the dock?

Eidorian

macrumors Penryn
Mar 23, 2005
Indianapolis
Surprisingly enough...the Dock's previewing is independent of Show icon preview in Finder.

I get the lack of previews in my Recent Document stack as well.

ArtOfWarfare

macrumors G3
Original poster
Nov 26, 2007
I get the lack of previews in my Recent Document stack as well.

Darn, I guess I'll get rid of that stack then... I was thinking it would be so very useful but it turns out it's little better than the list I can get from the Apple menu... (I thought having bigger icons would make it easier to sort through the list.)

dlgraves

macrumors newbie
Jan 20, 2008
Ditto -- this would be so cool. In the case of the downloads stack, icon previews depend on the settings of the downloads folder. But there is no folder associated with recent items, right?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.