Leopard Preview vs Tiger Preview

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by boast, Aug 16, 2008.

1. boast macrumors 65816

boast

In tiger, when you pressed "zoom to fit" in preview, every single photo in the list would zoom to fit. In leopard, you have to do it for every single photo.

In tiger, you could select a bunch of photos and drag it to the preview window, which would list them. In leopard, you have to open the folder.

any way to fix these "300+ features" ?

2. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

If you want to fix all "300+" features you can just reinstall Tiger. Or you could make a copy of preview from a machine with Tiger on it. Rename it 'Preview (Tiger)' then put it on your Leopard machine.

3. craigr577 macrumors member

____This doesn't work, it leads to an error message, "You cannot use this version of the application Preview (Tiger) with this version of Mac OS X." It also didn't work when (before reading this thread) I just named it Preview.
    ____Preview-Help describes a "zoom all" feature, but I can't find it in the menus, and can't find a way to zoom all pictures at once, or get all of them to auto-zoom so each fits into the whole window of Preview.

____Also, I'm curious about the 300+ features. I've been using Tiger but have Leopard on the MBPro I recently bought, and I noticed that it's impossible to get rid of the left sidebar in Leopard, although we could in Tiger. (yes, I know about the button in upper-right but this also eliminates 8 useful buttons at the top of the window) Removing features in an "improved" operating system is frustrating and disappointing. And are there 300 other missing features??