Leopard printing issues

iHusky

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 6, 2007
I have a lexmark 1300 printer, and it was working fine before i got leopard. Now, whenever I try to print, it closes whatever app i was trying to print from. ie - printing a mail attachment, it closes mail, and pops up the 'mail quit unexpectedly' error message.

I've already downloaded the drivers again, so that shouldn't be it, but i don't know what else it could be.

Help please!

haiggy

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2003
Ontario, Canada
I have a lexmark 1300 printer, and it was working fine before i got leopard. Now, whenever I try to print, it closes whatever app i was trying to print from. ie - printing a mail attachment, it closes mail, and pops up the 'mail quit unexpectedly' error message.

I've already downloaded the drivers again, so that shouldn't be it, but i don't know what else it could be.

Help please!
Dude,
I have the exact same problem on a Lexmark 1400 Series....
Sigh, it's getting quite annoying. It will sometimes work if you open the print manager and drag the file into the list, but that's a pain and can't be used for everything.
I'm gonna guess it's an incompatibility with Lexmark's drivers... maybe they'll release new ones?

Sidenote: I had to download the driver again even though I installed Leopards built-in drivers. It wouldn't recognize my printer or print. When I was installing the one that I had on Tiger onto my Leopard install, it said "You are installing an older version of software" so I just went ahead and did it since nothing else was working. It recognized my printer but quits every application..

AlBDamned

macrumors 68030
Mar 14, 2005
I'm not sure about the Lexmark drivers, but have you tried using the "Generic PPD"?

haiggy

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2003
Ontario, Canada
I just went to Lexmark's online support chat and they said that they are working on Leopard compatible drivers and they will be released shortly.

Mac4Decade

macrumors newbie
Nov 10, 2007
CUPS drivers? Could you explain that? I'm having the same problem (unexpected quits in Safari, Word, etc.) over here on a G5 iMac with 10.5.1. Printing with the Lexmark 1300 worked fine before Leopard...

...Oddly enough, I can print over a network from a totally wireless laptop. :confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.