Leopard printing issues

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by iHusky, Nov 2, 2007.

1. iHusky macrumors newbie

I have a lexmark 1300 printer, and it was working fine before i got leopard. Now, whenever I try to print, it closes whatever app i was trying to print from. ie - printing a mail attachment, it closes mail, and pops up the 'mail quit unexpectedly' error message.

I've already downloaded the drivers again, so that shouldn't be it, but i don't know what else it could be.

Help please!

2. snickelfritz macrumors 65816

snickelfritz

Have you tried the CUPS drivers that are included with Leopard?

3. iHusky thread starter macrumors newbie

im not sure what those are, could you explain?

4. haiggy macrumors 65816

Dude,
    I have the exact same problem on a Lexmark 1400 Series....
    Sigh, it's getting quite annoying. It will sometimes work if you open the print manager and drag the file into the list, but that's a pain and can't be used for everything.
    I'm gonna guess it's an incompatibility with Lexmark's drivers... maybe they'll release new ones?

Sidenote: I had to download the driver again even though I installed Leopards built-in drivers. It wouldn't recognize my printer or print. When I was installing the one that I had on Tiger onto my Leopard install, it said "You are installing an older version of software" so I just went ahead and did it since nothing else was working. It recognized my printer but quits every application..

5. AlBDamned macrumors 68030

AlBDamned

I'm not sure about the Lexmark drivers, but have you tried using the "Generic PPD"?

6. haiggy macrumors 65816

Is that a driver?

7. AlBDamned macrumors 68030

AlBDamned

Yeah. Might work by going into print & fax preferences and clearing stuff, then re-adding but using the generic ppd as your driver. Might work (might not, of course...).

8. haiggy macrumors 65816

I just went to Lexmark's online support chat and they said that they are working on Leopard compatible drivers and they will be released shortly.

9. Mac4Decade macrumors newbie

CUPS drivers? Could you explain that? I'm having the same problem (unexpected quits in Safari, Word, etc.) over here on a G5 iMac with 10.5.1. Printing with the Lexmark 1300 worked fine before Leopard...

...Oddly enough, I can print over a network from a totally wireless laptop. :confused: