Leopard question

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Jiebke, May 17, 2007.

1. Jiebke macrumors newbie

On the bottom of this picture you see a box with two arrows in it.[​IMG] Does this mean that you can enlarge it using two fingers on you touchpad the way it's shown in the picture or is this just an enlargement button? This would make sense 'cause you can do stuff like this with the iPhone, the only difference is that on a mac you can't use multitouch on the screen.

I'm not quiet sure this is already mentioned before, but I just would like to know this and I can't find the answer.

2. 66217 Guest

It must be an enlargement bottom.

No way they are going to introduce multi touch in the Mac so soon. Just imagine how all the current owners of new MB, MBP, iMac and Mac Pros would feel.

3. Jiebke thread starter macrumors newbie

But when the multitouch works with the touchpad (like I mentioned) it would just have to be a software issue and doesn't use any hardware that isn't already available on the current MB/MBP. And for the owners of an iMac or Mac Pro, these don't have the luck the MB owners have.

And because the multitouch software is already available on the iPhone, it shouldn't be an issue to port this code to any of the Mac computers.

4. orangemacapple macrumors 6502

it will make them feel like going out and buying a new mac!

that IS what makes money?

5. BayAreaMacFan macrumors member

It's a button that you click on to go full screen. It's the same thing on iTunes/QT movies and other apps as well. Maybe in the future (or hey maybe on the new computeres later this year) it will be like you said on the trackpad, but as far as I know right now it's just a button.

6. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

What if instead of making new Macs with multi-touch capable screens (which I agree is too drastic of step right now) Apple made a multi-touch input device, similar to a mouse? As opposed to needing to interface with the screen directly, all that is required is a new input device, which Leopard can handle? :cool: