Leopard Question

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by magicjames92, Oct 17, 2007.

1. magicjames92 macrumors regular

Is this really like going from xp to vista? wouldnt that be more like os9 to osx? why isnt this os11? why should we pay so much for a small upgrade? when will 11 release?

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

No, it's not like going from XP to Vista. Check out the new features in Leopard and decide for yourself if it's worth the money. :)

3. Peace macrumors P6

Peace

Man you are FAST!

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

5. magicjames92 thread starter macrumors regular

6. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

7. MezicanGangxtah macrumors regular

no this wont be like xp to vista,i think what your trying to say is if leopard be the next generation osx or something like that and my answer is that yes it will be the next greatest operating system around but it wont be like vista with hassles of upgrading and such .this is not like os9 to osx.this isnt os 11 because were not quite their yet and if u can count (os10.1 10.2 10.3 10.4 10.5...) then u couldve figured that out.this is a big upgrade FYI and although itis 130$ im thankfull its not 300+ dollars or soemthing like vista. I think your confused because of the 10.(Something) and u think that 11 is the obvious step but the .somehting is actauly a major upgrade while minor updates are written as follows for example 10.somehting.somehting so when leopard comes out it will be 10.5.0 hope that clears things up.

8. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

11 years. It's not coming anytime soon.
    OS 9 to OS X was the most dramatic switch in Mac OS history, this isn't that. It isn't Vista v. XP. I think its right on par with 10.3 to 10.4 transition, possibly a bit larger increase in features. Definitely worth the price for upgrade.