Leopard Questions

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Tumeg101, Jul 1, 2007.

1. Tumeg101 macrumors 6502a

Tumeg101

I am new to these forums, and just wanted to see if anybody here knows the answer to this question...

Do any of you know, if I were to get a macbook now, and then leopard will be released, could I upgrade it? and if I could, would I get all of the tools that leopard comes with, like... would i get the same stuff from leopard, if I upgraded, then if I bought a macbook with leopard already loaded...

this may be a bit confusing, lol, sorry

2. FF_productions macrumors 68030

FF_productions

There is one leopard, every single disc is the same.

When October comes around, you can go to an apple store or order online yourself a copy of Leopard.

I'd recommend doing a Erase and Install, a fresh install of Leopard, make sure you have a drive set up for Time Machine and that's it.

3. Markleshark macrumors 603

Markleshark

No.

If you buy a Mac with Leopard pre-installed, you will get iLife (iMovie, iDVD, etc) but if you buy stand alone Leopard this will not come with these programs. iLife comes with the Mac, rather than coming with the OS.

However, both versions of Leopard will have all the same features.

4. darkcurse macrumors 6502a

darkcurse

Urm no not really. You would get Leopard yes, but you won't get the latest version of the iLife suite thats the only difference I think. Damn got beaten to it :p

5. FF_productions macrumors 68030

FF_productions

6. ChrisA macrumors G4

Apple does not sell "upgrade versions" of the OS. So yes, seeing as there is only one version there can't be any differences

7. pianoman macrumors 68000

pianoman

are you sure? i don't see this anywhere on Apple's site (i'm not actively looking, mind you). there is a lot of speculation that iLife will be integrated with Leopard and subsequent versions of the Mac OS. not that speculation is always correct, but it can be. and Apple hasn't come out on either side of this debate.