leopard questions

Discussion in 'macOS' started by ronss, Dec 22, 2007.

1. ronss macrumors member

B]okay, i am running leopard and fairly happy with it,,, not much of a reviewer because i just got into the apple world two months ago, buying a dual 867 mdd. some said i would not be happy with this rig, but i disagree,,with my 9800 pro..1.5 gb ram ,,this computer if fairly quick, and very happy with my $340 purchase

questions- i have a logitech mx518 mouse connect to the one of the latest apple keyboards, white and has usb connection...i cannot use the backspace on my mouse,,is there a way i can get to use that function. ii miss it a LOT.

quesstion 2- is there anyway i can open the safari brower twice during the same session.. sometimes i have a web page open and want it to say open, so i click on the safari icon in the docking station..and it just starts a new web page on the safari i have opened...???[/B]:confused:

2. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

Have you tried pressing Command + n for a new window?

3. pknz macrumors 68020

pknz

I take it you mean back (as in the -) by the word "backspace"? Or something else?

Anyway if you download USB Overdrive it enables you to add keystrokes and other functions to mouse buttons.

4. ronss thread starter macrumors member

okay..thanks

if i do the control plus n,,it just opens my home pager into the browser i have open... i want to add another safari browser.,,so i have two open web pages at the same time

yes, i was actually meaning backspace.

okay, i downloaded the software , usb overdrive......works great...the only problem i was having was i download the first link on over-drive web site...i think i had to download the 3rd link,,and then the installer started up, and it was a piece of cake....backspace is something i just love.

5. NicP macrumors 6502

command(apple) - n opens a new browser window. You could also use command(apple) - t to open a new tab.

6. MacButters macrumors newbie

MacButters

While opening Safari, Command + N

7. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

i think he means he wants to open a new safari window as the same page he was on before like IE does when you open a new browser window. i dont think this can be done in safari. why not just use tabs? make sure tabs are enabled in safari preferences i dont think they are by default.