Leopard release date

Discussion in 'macOS' started by sweetice2007, Oct 10, 2007.

1. sweetice2007 macrumors 6502

i heard the release date is 26th of this month is this true???

2. Veritas&Equitas macrumors 68000

Veritas&Equitas

3. cworsley4 macrumors member

thats is what macrumors.com and appleinsider.com is sayin it is too late for it to be this week or next week with out some sort of annoucment. and the 26 is a friday a they still have time to tell people about it.

4. Multimedia macrumors 603

Multimedia

It's Our Best Guess. But Friday October 26 Is Not Known As Fact

I thought the announcement would come this morning but it didn't. We're guessing based on historical precedent - last Friday of the month promised is when they have previously performed the release parties at the Apple Stores and had FedEx ground deliver the goods (or the day before).

But, if our guess is still on track to become reality, this will have been the shortest period of time between announcement and party date ever. Previous prerelease-announcement lead times have already been passed.
    [​IMG]

5. JSpence macrumors regular

JSpence

Me too :(

6. bentls macrumors newbie

Hmm, unless the Workshop updates team are just being lazy and havent accounted for leopard release (or, they are going to continue with Tiger workshops..) this could be a little worrying:

Wednesday, October 31st
    12:00 pm - 1:00 pm Mac OS X Tiger Workshop

Copied from the Trafford Centere Retail store website.

7. boxandrew macrumors member

Do you think they still have time for the 26th? They can prepare for the pre-release parties without informing us. Maybe they are going to handle it differently this year and say: shipping immediately. That would avoid the problem they had with the touch where the stores got stock before the pre-orders shipped.

Either way, at least the website still says October. There is still plenty of time before Halloween.

8. boxandrew macrumors member

I didn't read this straight the first time. Yes. That is pretty worrying. Does anyone know of a case of them continuing workshops on old OSs?

9. thesdx macrumors 6502a

Long after iLife/iWork 08 was released, those calendars were still saying "iLife 06 Workshop" and "iWork 06 Workshop".

10. sweetice2007 thread starter macrumors 6502

im dead excited now..cant waiT! ive had my mac a good few months now so ive never had to a os upgrade so can someone tell me whether it effects the rest of the files? like would i need to back all my files up before doing an upgrade or do the files not need to be touched? .. thanks... i already have my iphone its soo cool :-D ..look forward to the upgrade!

someone here from manchester??? you mentioned an email from trafford..i work in trafford :-D

11. ichii macrumors 6502

ichii

Does Apple take preorders?? I would like get Leopard, but the nearest apple store is an hour away.

12. Dany M macrumors 6502

http://www.apple.com/buy/locator/

Im prety sure best buys frys and resleers will have them but to be sure, just check for your local mac reseller, they are bound to have it for sure.

13. bentls macrumors newbie

Apologies for going off topic here, I live not far from manchester, it will be the trafford center store where I'll buy my new macbook from anyway!

You say you work in traffod, do you by chance work in the apple store?! I fell out with them over a forgotten interview, dammit I should be working in that store!

14. Bigsam411 macrumors member

Best Buy will have them.... Only at the stores that sell Apple. I work for one of the ones that sell apple and we have been getting everything new from apple, though not necessarily very quickly. The new iMacs took a week to get in, iWork and iLife 08 were in a few days after they were announced. So I assume we will get Leopard in within a few days after it is supposed to arrive unless apple actualy announces it soon enough. I would like to know whether or not to go to the apple store to get Leopard when it comes out.

15. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

I'm thinking that they will not announce a shipping date prior to that day. And then they will go back a few weeks and give Leopard free or cheap to people who bought a mac during that time.

16. jonswan macrumors regular

Apple wouldn't be dumb enough to announce Leopard's release date before it's even gone Grand Master - there are still issues to sort out, right? This could creep into November but hell, what's the rush? Who wants a rushed release that you install and it fouls up your whole system? Not me. That's what I did with iWeb '08 and that sure as hell fouled up my sites... and a month later it's still rotten. Just relax.

17. sweetice2007 thread starter macrumors 6502

nope not at the apple shop unfortunately! how did u learn about the vacancy? they never seem to be taking staff on damn it :-(!

18. WizardHunt macrumors 68000

WizardHunt

Well , to be frank, I can't wait for Leopard. I wish it was here RIGHT NOW!!!

19. bentls macrumors newbie

Hot Cv and lots of phone calls and emails ;)

20. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

i think they'll announce the date this friday, and have a countdown on their website for 14 days....

21. AJClayton macrumors 6502

AJClayton

(Writing this on Thursday 11 October)

The next 2 days will give us a good idea what's happening (probably). If we get to close of play tomorrow (Friday 12) with no announcement then I fear that Leopard is either going to launch very late October (31st?) or be put off until November. I still feel in my water that there will be some news this week and a shorter than usual countdown to a release on Friday 26th, but, hey, who knows? (I certainly don't)

As was suggested above, I was also wondering if they would say nothing until much later in the month and then do a "shipping today" or "shipping this Friday" type announcement just to be "different" and grab a few headlines. Personally I hope that's not the case and we hear something soon as the wait is killing me. (Foolishly I'm considering installing 10.5.0 - don't know why I waited until 10.4.3 before going to Tiger but I sooooo want those new features! :p)

22. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

i agree. if we don't hear anything by this Saturday, then i'm afraid something is wrong

23. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

I don't know...I'll still be betting on the 26th if that happens...

24. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

well of course i'll still be hoping.....but i will be worried also

25. JSpence macrumors regular

JSpence

Just tell us something already! I need to go back to my studies and living my life! I can't keep checking MR every 5 min, I'm not getting anything done :p