Leopard: Retail vs Upgrade... I need some advice here

Discussion in 'macOS' started by billabong, Oct 30, 2007.

1. billabong macrumors 6502

Ok so I go received my RETAIL copy of Leopard last week in the Mail paid in full for One User on my Mac Pro. Now I also have a new iMac that is still awaiting my Upgraded copy in the mail, it shipped last week on the 25th but still hasn't arrived. There are some issues with apple not even being able to track, but they claim it will be here by the end of this week on early next week. Now seeing as I have a copy coming in the mail, is it breaking the EULA Agreement if I go and install my current RETAIL version on my iMac? Can it even tell that Multiple computers have the same copy? I know there is no serial or anything like that, but what about when I register? Should I just wait it out? What would you do?

2. drlunanerd macrumors 65816

drlunanerd

Install it already. Chill. Enjoy :)

3. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

4. billabong thread starter macrumors 6502

I know that nothing is stopping me from doing it... Once I actually get my copy in the mail then I have a genuine legal copy right?

5. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

Enjoy it.

6. billabong thread starter macrumors 6502

So when I install should I register it? Or ignore? I can register right because I do have a copy, it's just in a plane or truck somewhere right? I don't use the computer often it's my family computer...

7. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

It would be easier in most cases to install from the SAME retail DVD for all machines ...

Especially if you already ran the check DVD media on it, I wouldn't want to wait through that again.

The update is just the license for Leopard that you are waiting on, all depends on what you wish to do.

---

As far as the startup registration, do it. It won't hurt.

But one computer I registered on the Family Pack, and the other computer go kicked out of the registration process by the Apple Desktop Remote update.

8. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

Rest assured you can register it. Apple already knows you paid for it. Your conscience should be clear.

9. billabong thread starter macrumors 6502

We I did the Check DVD when I installed it on my MacPro not on the iMac... Maybe I will just go ahead, don't know why I held out for so long. I was just to busy playing with my own computer...

10. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

You don't have to check the same DVD again, and you would be insane to want to do it again just to install from an Update DVD.

It is a license, use the Update DVD as such.

And install from the DVD you already checked.

11. billabong thread starter macrumors 6502

Started, thanks for the advice guys... Now my family gets to enjoy all the leopard fun

12. VoodooDaddy macrumors 65816

Its good to do the right thing but you dont have to get carried away with it.

13. zign macrumors 6502

zign

I think it's totally fine to do that. My girlfriend and I have MBPs. I reinstalled tiger on hers and mine a couple of times and I used the same dvd.