Leopard Return Policy?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by JW008, Oct 25, 2007.

1. JW008 macrumors 6502

If I wanted to go down to my Apple Store and buy Leopard tomorrow night, does anyone know the return policy for the one I ordered online? Could I take it back (sealed of course) to an Apple Store or ship it back to Apple some way?

2. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

It's the same as any s/w. 14 days if not opened. No returns on opened s/w.

3. JW008 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks! Any idea if I can return it to an Apple Store instead of shipping it back?

4. Island Dog macrumors 6502a

Island Dog

I think you can return to the store as long as you have your documentation.

5. powerbook911 macrumors 68040

powerbook911

You could probably return it to the apple store, if you return it as the one you bought at the apple store. Make sure all the numbers and UPCs are the same.

However, your apple.com one will likely arrive way before 6pm local time, so I don't see why you wouldn't want that one ?

6. JW008 thread starter macrumors 6502

I jumped the gun a bit and ordered right when it was announced instead of waiting to see everything that was happening. Now my campus store is having a Leopard party on Friday at 6:00, selling it for $69.

7. DoreanGrae macrumors regular

You cannot return an Apple Online Store purchase to an Apple retail store. They're different entities entirely.

Trust me on this one.

8. Ariez macrumors regular

Its software so it doesnt follow the traditional return polciy.

9. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

i hope you are wrong. (not saying that you are)

i would try it and see. what will it hurt?

10. DoreanGrae macrumors regular

True, you never know. In my experience though, returns/exchanges/questions about the online store are generally referred to the online store's customer service department.

11. Feverish Flux macrumors regular

I've bought lots of stuff online and at our local store - here's been my experiences.

1. You can return online purchases to the retail store, contrary to what you are being told, as long as the store stocks that item. Just have a receipt.

2. Software is not returnable, period (at least in our store it isn't), even if "sealed." This includes any OS discs. They will let you exchange for a new box if you tell them that the disc is bad or won't install. You'll need a receipt.

So yeah, generally, no returns on software.

12. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

yeah i think i have experienced this with other stores. hopefully apple is different

13. JW008 thread starter macrumors 6502

I've been searching Apple's support site and here is what I found:

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APP...=browse&mco=735D05D9&node=help/returns_refund

So it appears that software is returnable as long as it isn't open. Who knows, though? These things are very rarely uniform.

14. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

yeah, who knows. but hopefully they'll take it back at the store

15. err404 macrumors 68020

I just called Apple to inquire about this, and they confirmed that you can not return software purchased online at a retail store.

Call 1800MYAPPLE with your order number and arrange for an RMA on the one you bought online. You'll be out the return shipping cost, but that will be more then covered by the savings.