Leopard ruined my life!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Iggy, Dec 1, 2007.

1. Iggy macrumors regular

Not really, I think Leopard's amazing BUT...my internet has always been faffing about since i clean installed Leopard, lingering on the "contacting so & so" bit in the status bar. Safari often tells me I'm not connected to the internet, yet at the same time I would be downloading a file. Recently the airport signal on the in the menu bar has been displaying half strength when I can actually see my Netgear wireless router on the other side of the room. It can't be the routers fault because my ATV, friends PC, iBook and even my Wii (you heard) works fine. I've tried restarting everything, moving the router/modem to another phone socket, and even playing around with the MTU. Has anyone got any suggestions?

2. Quillz macrumors 65816

Quillz

I think you should take a break from computers if Leopard ruined your life.

3. DukeofAnkh macrumors regular

Do you have dialup or a low bandwidth connection? It could be that other things you're doing (downloading a file, for example, or playing online Wii) are eating up all your bandwidth and not leaving any for safari.

I have broadband but that sort of thing happens to me sometimes if my torrent client gets too enthusiastic.

(I also have a Netgear router and as far as I'm concerned it is the spawn of Satan. It needs a hard reset every few days because it decides to slow down when it's been on too long. Also it hates my DS.)

4. wazgilbert macrumors regular

I have a SKY supplied netgear broadband router, and that's pants aswell, I had to telnet inject it to make it give up the sky pre-installed username and password, so I could install my original D-link router. That is a big relief.