Leopard Screen Sharing - How to remove a computer from My Computers List

Discussion in 'macOS' started by m021478, Sep 8, 2008.

1. m021478 macrumors 6502

Does anyone know how I can remove one of the computers that I have currently listed in the "My Computers" List of Leopard's ScreenSharing.app??

I am referring to the list of locally connected and Bonjour computers that appears when you launch the ScreenSharing.app manually by double clicking the ScreenSharing.app which is located in your System/Libraries/CoreServices folder on your Mac...

See the screenshot below:

[​IMG]

2. plinden macrumors 68040

plinden

Double click on your account's Library/Preferences/com.apple.ScreenSharing.plist. This will open the Property List Editor. Remove or add to the SavedComputers entry.

3. nicko97 macrumors newbie

Hi plinden

When I open the file com.apple.AppleShareClient.plist it opens with texteditor and I can't read the file.

Do you know how I can launch List editor?

4. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

Property List Editor is a part of the Developer Tools (I think it's actually now called Xcode Tools) which is on your install disk.

jW

5. leodavinci0 macrumors 6502

6. nicko97 macrumors newbie

Thanks for the plist info I was able to install it but I'm still not sure how to remove a computer from the My Computers list

Attached Files:

7. plinden macrumors 68040

plinden

That's the wrong plist file. Open com.apple.ScreenSharing.plist and look for SavedComputers.

Sorry about the confusion with Property List Editor - installing the dev tools has always been the first thing I do so I forget what comes as standard.

8. nicko97 macrumors newbie

I can't find that file, the only apple share file that I can find is:

com.apple.AppleShareClient.plist

Have you seen any issue with copy and paste?

I can't copy and paste from the mac to a linux server. I'm having this problem with screen sharing and chicken of the VNC.

9. plinden macrumors 68040

plinden

Look in your account's Library folder, not the system Library, eg. /Users/nicko97/Library/Preferences, not /Library/Preferences.

I'd just like to point out, that's what I said in my first response "Double click on your account's Library/Preferences/com.apple.ScreenSharing.plist."

Preferences specific to your account go into ~/Library/Preferences. System wide preferences go into /Library/Preferences.

I'm not on my Mac at the moment so I can't check copy-and-paste. But I use CotV almost daily to connect to a Linux machine and haven't noticed any issues getting clipboard data copied across. With Windows <-> Linux via VNC, I do have problems.

10. nicko97 macrumors newbie

Hi plinden,

Thanks for the clarification that worked.