Leopard scroll bars are still raster! Same as 10.0. Grrrr.

Discussion in 'macOS' started by TheSpaz, Oct 27, 2007.

1. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

The complete UI seems to be rebuilt in vector except for the scrollbars and some other very small things. Why are they so obsessed with the way the original scroll bars looked from Mac OS 10.0? By the way, they did update the progress bars to vector but, they still look like they're from 10.0 with their ultra 3D-ness and blurryness just like the UI from 10.0. Why don't they just take the plunge and change the scroll bars to a more modern style?

2. Wayfarer macrumors 65816

Wayfarer

Want some fries with that WAAAHHm-burger? ;)

Sure, I was also kind of ticked off that that didnt change the scrollbars but I personally find the underlying features in Leopard more valuable.

3. matticus008 macrumors 68040

matticus008

Yep. The Aqua scrollbars won't be around much longer. For whatever reason, they didn't replace them in time for the 10.5.0 release, but it's a simple fix whenever they get around to it--there's clearly something else being worked out. It's possible, like I've posted in the past, that they're designing a mixed-system to allow "Aqua" apps to stay Aqua and preparing a more "Leopard" UI for applications that follow proper guidelines and won't require that kind of crutch.

4. MacVault macrumors 65816

100% agree! Those jelly bean ui elements must go, and should have been gone by now. :mad:

5. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

you know, i saw this thread title on forum spy, and i thought, boy that sounds like something spaz would complain about and what do you ya know you are the one who started it:D:p

just messing with ya man i agree the ones from the hack look better