Leopard Server now, or Snow Leopard Server later?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by iCol, Jan 15, 2009.

1. iCol macrumors newbie

Hello there Mac community!

I look after a small media company and we desperately need a good working iCal Server for our shared calendars, invites and meetings etc.

I know that Mac OS X Server 10.5 (Leopard) will probably solve my problems, but I was wondering if any of you Beta Developer types out there would recommend I wait till Snow Leopard?

Apple's web page talks about the 'next major release of iCal Server', and I don't want to buy Leopard Server only for Snow Leopard Server to be out a few weeks later or for it to be much better that Leopard's.

Can any of you fellow Mac geeks out there give me any advice on what to do, or even if iCal Server is the way to go? I have already tried MobileMe, XC Connect and BusySync for calendar sharing, all to no avail. They just don't work in a business environment.

Many thanks in advance
    iCol

2. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

Well, I'm sure you've read this, but if that's your sole purpose for getting OS X Server, I guess it boils down to how much you need the new features versus how urgently you need to get the server up and running.

The new Address Book Server may also be useful to you. It isn't available at all in Leopard.

3. iCol thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for your reply.

I do like the idea of the Address Book Server! If only I new when Snow Leopard was coming out...

Looks like I'll try and struggle through the next few months.

iCol