Leopard should've been more like iphone-ui...

Discussion in 'macOS' started by MBX, Oct 28, 2007.

1. MBX macrumors 65816

looking at the nice iphone transitions and ui design i think leopard should've been much more like that.

for example:

- scrollbars: in most/ certain cases only appear when you hover with your mouse over it. ichat, terminal and other apps no need for ugly scrollbar placeholders or ugly aqua bars. it would simply be a sleek (maybe a little thicker than scrollbars in iphone though) semi-transparent scrollbars.

- spaces: prettier transitions options. 1 could be pushing windows out of itself (kind of like old frontrow transition but a little faster) to the space you travel. ...would also remind a bit of the iphone transitions/ icons. BUT to be honest it needs to be quick. so i'd rather prefer the spaces prettier visualized than just cheap looking blue fields.

- tighter integrated coreanimation within finder. how about... the finder was a sleek minimal dark window and had different settings/ options. one of them could be that the entire sleek window is coverflow but whenever you hover with your cursor over it the list of files fade in with options like expanding or navigation by arrows next to each folder/ file if it had a subcategory (folders, packages, zip-files, etc.).
    another options would be to show some kind of a tree similiar to shake's compositor with nodes. you could plug files into other files and you'd see the node connections. for example: select 1 file and drag the little arrow into an existing zip-file and it would add the file. next time you open the folder root there you see the file is linked to the zip-file.

and files could be grouped (similiar to aperture-stacks) with fields that contain grouped files in a folder itself.

- more coreanimation overall. i'm sure this is going to happen soon anyway. where interfaces fade/ animate in/ on when and where you need them and you no longer have ugly grey boxes floating around.

just some ideas

2. unity macrumors 6502a

I am not sure what you are saying, but my windows get "pushed" out and slide around like the iPhone. press control-1 (or 2, 3, 4, etc for the space you wanna go to).