Leopard Sleep Issue in SR MBP?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Hard-Hat-Mac, Nov 2, 2007.

1. Hard-Hat-Mac macrumors regular

Since installing Leopard I've had a lot more occurrences of this problem: I put the MBP to sleep. When I open it up it makes the disc eject noise but the screen never turns on. I can't adjust the brightness and if I do something that would normally make a sound say hit expose when there are no open windows it does nothing. I tried putting the lid down and it doesn't go back to sleep. I am forced to do a restart. This has happend to be in Tiger but seems more often now that I am using Leo.

Thoughts?

-HHM

2. -Alan- macrumors member

My MacPro with dual displays is having the same problem. At first sleep worked fine. Now I can't put the machine to sleep because the displays won't come back up. I have to force a shutdown by holding the power button. Also, in the display preferences, I only have access to one display's brightness control. The other just isn't there.

This is sort of frustrating.

3. nerdeus macrumors member

I'm having this problem since using Leopard on my MacBook too. So it's not only a MacBook Pro problem. I close the lid and it will keep making the eject disk noise.. meaning it's not really going to sleep.. and so it runs down my battery! So does restarting the computer stop this from happening? I'm going to try it now.

4. packgrad2000 macrumors regular

I also seem to be having this problem as well. I can eventually get it to wake up, but then I have another problem. After it wakes up, everything seems to be running "choppy." The pointer movement isn't smooth, and everything is delayed slightly, and it is VERY annoying, so I have to restart. I never had this problem under Tiger. Any solutions?

5. bov macrumors 6502

6. nerdeus macrumors member

Well, I restarted the computer as suggested and it is running smoothy again. I wonder what is causing/caused this problem!

7. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

I've had a similar problem as well. This only used to happen once in a blue moon (literally only once or twice) when I was running Tiger, but now, it seems to happen everyday. I installed Leopard only four days ago, and there hasn't been a day when this hasn't happened. However, if I close the lid on mine, after a few minutes (usually about two or three) it will go back to sleep, and I'll be able to wake it up properly. :confused: I suspect this is one of those things that will be solved in .1.

8. Hard-Hat-Mac thread starter macrumors regular

Yes - I have had this problem too. Everything is in slow motion with crazy lag. I've been prety stable since I repaired permissions though. Might want to try that?