Leopard - Slow Start up Compared to Tiger

Discussion in 'macOS' started by chris001, Jan 31, 2008.

1. chris001 macrumors regular

chris001

has anyone noticed this?
    when i had OS Tiger running, my start up was very very fast. i would say less then i dunno 10 seconds for sure.. probbaly 7secs.

now with leopard, it takes about 15-20seconds

anyone else with this problem?
    it's not a huge deal but still.

basically i start up and the blue screen comes up for the majority of the time 8secs? or so. and then finally goes to my desktop background and takes aanother 5-7secs to load fully.

2. deputy_doofy macrumors 65816

deputy_doofy

Yes, and that's my only complaint about Leopard. It takes much longer for me than Tiger did.

It takes a bit longer to get to the login window. It takes much longer to be "ready" after logging in. In fact, it has to update all the icons on the desktop as well, similarly to what Windows 98 used to do.

It's a bit annoying, actually. Otherwise, once it's running, I have 0 complaints (well, except for the dock thing). :)

3. Lucascsula macrumors regular

Is this a common thing? I plan on upgrading in March. I thought Leopard was supposed to be fast.

4. chris001 thread starter macrumors regular

chris001

5. deputy_doofy macrumors 65816

deputy_doofy

The dock thing being that I want the list view back from Tiger (and prior). From all the posts about the beta seeds, it sounds like I might be getting my wish on that. :)