Leopard Software Update blank...

Discussion in 'macOS' started by KeenMetal, Jan 14, 2008.

1. KeenMetal macrumors newbie

Anyone had this before? I open Software Update in OS X Leopard, it checks for new software and within a second it states

"New Software is available for your computer."

Besides the fact that the check went far too fast, the list is completely blank with the install button grayed out!

Any ideas?

2. samh004 macrumors 68020

samh004

It means there is nothing to update. It happens. Sometimes I can go weeks without an update.

3. KeenMetal thread starter macrumors newbie

If I remember right, if there's no update available, a dialog box pops up saying there is nothing to update. Clicking away the box with OK will close the software update as well.

But all that's missing - it's actually stating that there is software available, but leaves the box blank... might there be a way to reset Software Update?

4. samh004 macrumors 68020

samh004

Oh. Yeah that has happened to me before, I think it's just an error though, and you sometimes get that before something new is going to be released, or even after it's been released but there's a lot of traffic. I'd just ignore it and check again in a day, or after the keynote ;)

5. KeenMetal thread starter macrumors newbie

Great! Thanks for the link to the thread - I searched with different terms and found nothing usable.

Removing the files in ~/Library/Caches/com.apple.SoftwareUpdate/ finally solved it for me.

6. Kevin Quincey macrumors newbie

Ditto - Thanks - that worked for me too

Removing the files in ~/Library/Caches/com.apple.SoftwareUpdate/ finally solved it for me.

.... worked for me too! Thanks.