Leopard Software Update not remembering updates?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Mal, Nov 23, 2007.

1. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

I think that's an accurate description, but here goes. On both of the machines I use (24" iMac at work and MacBook for personal use) my Software Update in Leopard will display and install new updates without any glitches, tell me it's ready to restart, and then as soon as the computer boots up again, tell me there are updates available. Trouble is, they're the same updates. Occasionally it'll even tell three or four times, though twice usually fixes it. It also takes only about 2 or 3 seconds to process the second time, so it's as if it looks and says, "Hey, this is already installed, let's just mark it down and get out of here for the day."

Anyone else experienced this issue and found a fix? It's not really causing problems, it's just annoying, plus as a Mac tech I'd love to be able to pass on the solution to other people who have the same problem.

jW

2. Canerican macrumors regular

Did you erase your receipts/ receipts.db or the receipts folder from ~/library?

3. Mal thread starter macrumors 603

Mal

Nope, but I can try that. I was just thinking when I got home that I might try checking the permissions on that folder.

jW