leopard & Sonnet Sata Cards

adamfilip

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 13, 2003
burlington, Ontario canada
I have a Sonnet Tempo X 4+4 Sata card in my Dual 2.0 g5

i just saw this firmware update for it

"Tempo Serial ATA PCI/PCI-X/PCIe Family Firmware Updater (Mac)

Download

Version: 2.1.2
Posted August 31, 2007

Description: This software updates any compatible Tempo SATA card's flash ROM (firmware) to driver version 2.1.2 (except the 2-port Tempo Serial ATA model). This version adds support for the Western Digital My Book and Seagate Free Agent Pro, improves handling of unexpected removal of drives during I/O, and provides improved performance and better error handling. Note that Mac OS X Version 10.5 beta will not currently operate with these cards and Power Mac computers.

Supported System Software: Mac OS X Version 10.2 and later

Supported Hardware: Tempo-X SATA 4+4, Tempo-X eSATA 4+4, Tempo-X eSATA8, Tempo SATA E4i, Tempo SATA E4P, Tempo SATA X4i, and Tempo SATA X4P

Note: This software runs only under Mac OS X. Not Supported; Tempo SATA E2P."

I have already prepaid for a copy of leopard and plan on installing tomorrow

I really hope it works! because the update says "Note that Mac OS X Version 10.5 beta will not currently operate with these cards and Power Mac computers.
"

trauma62

macrumors 6502
Mar 16, 2007
FL
I hope you did not do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope you did not do it because the Sonnet is not compatible now I have a 1.5 TB concatenated RAID that can not access. Waiting soon for a firmware upgrade

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Comment

mats4d

macrumors newbie
Oct 29, 2007
oh uh.

I called Sonnet just now and they told me the E4P board should work with leopard, that they did "extensive" testing.

Is that the board you are using? now I dont know what to do, I still wont install it just yet.

phew..

Matt -

Comment

pdpfilms

macrumors 68020
Jun 29, 2004
Vermontana
I'm having some issues with my E2P.

While i can access all my drives connected via the card, it seems my G5 can't sleep. When attempt to put it to sleep, it lags for a bit, then goes into turbojet mode, and will stay there until I perform a hard shut off.

Anyone getting the same issues? Anyone running a G5 with Leopard and an E2P?

Comment

mats4d

macrumors newbie
Oct 29, 2007
Well, the E4P with the new firmware update (2.1.2) DOES work on a quad G5

But the RAID1 config has issues, it lists the 2nd slice as Defective, even if you physically change the disks (I changed them twice and got a new one to test it)

I expect another update or fix from Sonnet very soon, as I need raid1

Matt -

Comment