Leopard Spaces/iTunes bug

Discussion in 'macOS' started by richard.mac, Jan 10, 2008.

1. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

does anyone get this Spaces/iTunes bug when a song changes if iTunes its in another space in cover flow view while youre working in another space?

hopefully this is fixed in 10.5.2 its driving me nuts! to make it disappear you have to use exposé or switch to another space.

[​IMG]

click for full size​

2. Markleshark macrumors 603

Markleshark

Wow, annoying.

Can't say I've ever seen it.

On a side note, whats the bottom right corner artwork app? It's not Synergy... Edit: CoverSutra?

3. richard.mac thread starter macrumors 603

richard.mac

yes its very annoying indeed since i always have iTunes in space 2 and i dont want to change it now.

yeh in the corner is CoverSutra, i love that app! version 1.2 now has the vinyl option which im using. there used to be a vinyl replacement for the default jewel case but its now included.

so does this happen to you using the same spaces arrangement? i want to know if its a bug or just a problem on my machine. interestingly enough it only happens in cover flow view and not "grouped with artwork" view and only if the next song has album artwork.

4. mopppish macrumors 6502

Um, you sure that's a bug?
    If it shows up when the song changes and then goes away, that would seem more like a "feature" to me (albeit one that's perhaps unwanted).

EDIT: Whoops... just saw what you said about getting rid of it.

5. richard.mac thread starter macrumors 603

richard.mac

yep it doesnt go away unless i do what i said. its also to the right and my itunes window is centred. the most annoying thing is that it floats and covers everything beneath. if it was in the background and i was in the middle of reading something... meh.

6. mnkeybsness macrumors 68030

mnkeybsness

I have the same set up with iTunes in the second space, but have never seen this happen.

7. Markleshark macrumors 603

Markleshark

I use the same spaces arrangement, yes, I will try and re create it when I get home tonight.

8. richard.mac thread starter macrumors 603

richard.mac

i just found out a few extra requisites: there must not be any other apps open except itunes in space 2 and another app in space 1 and a song must be playing in a playlist.

9. boscobilly macrumors newbie

boscobilly

Started with 10.0 update

The same thing for me. It started when I did an update to 10.0. It's aggravating like you said. If iTunes is in Spaces 2, it invades other Spaces where your running something else. It would be less aggravating if it switched you to Spaces 2 or if it just didn't show artwork at all. How do you turn off artwork for the whole app? All I can find is Artwork tab in Get Info for individual songs. That's insane to turn it off song by song.