Leopard Spotlight + Quicksilver?

djejrejk

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 3, 2007
Uhh...
This article has been around for a while but I have not seen anyone comment on it.

Basically, the author claims that the quicksilver developer is working for Apple and that quicksilver technologies will be implemented to spotlight. Does anyone have more info about this?

Read the article

Sbrocket

macrumors 65816
Jun 3, 2007
/dev/null
From the very first line of the article: "This is just wild speculation on my part (and probably a healthy dose of wishful thinking) but if I was a gambling man I'd lay a bet that one of the secret features of Leopard will be an Apple implementation of QuickSilver."

:rolleyes:

psychofreak

Retired
May 16, 2006
London
Quicksilver is too niche - it can't be picked up on-the-spot by many people walking into an Apple store, so it won't be implemented to Leopard. The closest to QS's app launching abilities (only scratching the surface of this wonderful program) is using CMD+Space for Spotlight, then typing the app name and pressing CMD+Return :)

djejrejk

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 3, 2007
Uhh...
From the very first line of the article: "This is just wild speculation on my part (and probably a healthy dose of wishful thinking) but if I was a gambling man I'd lay a bet that one of the secret features of Leopard will be an Apple implementation of QuickSilver."

:rolleyes:
I can read. The article is also titled.. Wild unfounded speculation... Im just wondering if anyone has more info.

Anyway my tenuous theory is supported by the following facts* :

1. QuickSilver development has stopped/paused/taken a different path...
2. It will be open sourced in the next release, which is expected to be Leopard only...
3. The Developer is flat-out at his new job...

Now, I'm hoping that Apple will repeat the past and not repeat the past by showing some maturity in its approach to the developer. No clue can be found (on the web at least) as to who Nick Jitkoff is working for these days - and thats typical of one of my favourite companies.

djejrejk

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 3, 2007
Uhh...
*could*

Quicksilver is too niche - it can't be picked up on-the-spot by many people walking into an Apple store, so it won't be implemented to Leopard. The closest to QS's app launching abilities (only scratching the surface of this wonderful program) is using CMD+Space for Spotlight, then typing the app name and pressing CMD+Return :)
True, a bit of wishful think for sure.. but many people have noticed a few features that apple has "borrowed" from other apps such as pathfinder. I'm curious to see how the next quicksilver updates work with leopard. The quicksilver developer possibly being hired by Apple could be a huge development for the Quicksilver community.