Leopard Spotlight + Quicksilver?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by djejrejk, Sep 3, 2007.

1. djejrejk macrumors 6502a

djejrejk

This article has been around for a while but I have not seen anyone comment on it.

Basically, the author claims that the quicksilver developer is working for Apple and that quicksilver technologies will be implemented to spotlight. Does anyone have more info about this?

Read the article

2. Sbrocket macrumors 65816

Sbrocket

From the very first line of the article: "This is just wild speculation on my part (and probably a healthy dose of wishful thinking) but if I was a gambling man I'd lay a bet that one of the secret features of Leopard will be an Apple implementation of QuickSilver."

:rolleyes:

3. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

Quicksilver is too niche - it can't be picked up on-the-spot by many people walking into an Apple store, so it won't be implemented to Leopard. The closest to QS's app launching abilities (only scratching the surface of this wonderful program) is using CMD+Space for Spotlight, then typing the app name and pressing CMD+Return :)

4. djejrejk thread starter macrumors 6502a

djejrejk

I can read. The article is also titled.. Wild unfounded speculation... Im just wondering if anyone has more info.

5. djejrejk thread starter macrumors 6502a

djejrejk

*could*

True, a bit of wishful think for sure.. but many people have noticed a few features that apple has "borrowed" from other apps such as pathfinder. I'm curious to see how the next quicksilver updates work with leopard. The quicksilver developer possibly being hired by Apple could be a huge development for the Quicksilver community.