Leopard: Spotlight search bar in wrong place..

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Thrash911, Oct 30, 2007.

1. Thrash911 macrumors 6502

Thrash911

I play World of Warcraft in 1600x1000 (wide). When I exit the game, and have to use Spotlight, it appears a bit further down the screen (see pic). I'm pretty sure it's because Spotlight thinks I still have a vertical resolution of 1000, and not 1200 as it actually is. If I then manually change resolution to whatever, and then back to 1920x1200, it appears in the right place again..

Not a major problem, but a bit annoying.. ;)

[​IMG]

2. Thrash911 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thrash911

Anybody know anything or experienced the same? ;)

Now it also happened to my icons on the desktop. After exiting WoW, my icon were moved to the left, and I could not move them to the edge of my screen. They simply popped back, if I tried. Clearly again because "something" did not reset to my original desktop size.. It's irritating.. :(

3. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

have you tried going into display preferences and changing your screen to a lower resolution and then back to the default? if this works and you have to do it all the time put the display icon in the menubar.

4. TheStu macrumors 65816

Why do you not run the game at 1920*1200?

5. Thrash911 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thrash911

Yes. I tried that, as stated in my first post, and that solves the problem. I never thought of putting in my menu bar, though. Good idea, thank you. Done. ;)

6. Thrash911 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thrash911

Personal preference. No doubt, the game looks best visually, at 1920x1200 - sharp and clear, because of the native resolution. But there is the occasional slowdown in the game. If I run it at 1600x1000 it still looks pretty, but there are never any slowdowns. I prefer a smooth framerate over high resolution. I tried to mess with the options, to get it to run smooth at 1920x1200, but could not satisfy myself.. Of course, if the resolution got TOO low, it would be a different matter.. ;)

7. Iamtherealwoody macrumors 6502

Iamtherealwoody

I had similar problems, but my spotlight went up, and half of it was covered by the menu bar. Didnt take a pic though. I think this happened after I helf apple-f a bit too long while watching a quicktime video, it went to fullscreen and back a few too many times and then ended up shifted about an 8th of the way down the screen too.
    Of course a restart fixed both, but thats something Ive never seen. Didnt try messing with the rez to see if it fixed itself though.