Leopard style menubar on Tiger? ( not translucent just not rounded )

Discussion in 'macOS' started by QUiKSR20, Feb 23, 2009.

1. QUiKSR20 macrumors member

QUiKSR20

Hello All,

This may or may not be possible, Is there anyway to make the OSX Tiger style menu bar square on the edges instead of round on Tiger?

If I can tweak a file great, I dont want to rob any performance with a theme or anything like that.

Thanks in Advance!

2. Ploki macrumors 68000

Macintosh HD>System>Library>Core Services>Dock.app(Show Package Contents)>Contents>Resources

search for scurve-l, scurve-m, scurve-sm, scurve-xl (.png of course)

get down the dimensions, edit the scurve-xl, (trim the top edges of course) and resize to the dimensions youve taken from those files, rename them accordingly, save, move back to dock.app>contents>resources

open Terminal
    type "killall Dock"

vóila

3. TBi macrumors 68030

TBi

That's the dock, not the menu bar.

4. QUiKSR20 thread starter macrumors member

QUiKSR20

Any other ideas guys? I have an older iBook G4 which runs Tiger great, I dont want to install Leopard as I feel Tiger is snappy and works for my needs I was just hoping to be able to modify or swap a few files to achieve this. I like the way my other 2 leopard computers in my house look.

If it cant be done without a third party themeing app then thats fine. I dont want to be running anything in the backround to make this possible as performance is my biggest requirement.

Being an iBook G4 keeping it lean is a must :)

Thanks guys!