Leopard: Sync specific files on hdd and flash drive.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by InLikeALion, Apr 26, 2008.

1. InLikeALion macrumors 6502a

I've done some Googling and not really found any solutions that seemed main stream.

What I want to do is work on some files on my desktop hdd (web coding, photoshopping, etc...), but have a flash drive plugged in being synced with those files. I need to be able to pull the flash drive and take it with me to another location.

Always having to drag the root folder of the project to the flash drive and re-copy over the existing files is time-consuming. I also don't want to work directly from the flash drive, because I would still have to drag it's changes over to the desktop.

Any ideas of an app that can accomplish this?

(it doen't have to be leopard exclusive, just leopard compatible)

2. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

3. InLikeALion thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks so much xUKHCx for the suggestions!

I'm still trying to read through them and figure out how I would get that software to work for me, as most of their selling points seem to be back-ups (which IS syncing, but I'm trying to wrap my head around getting it to sync for my situation).

I think I need something that can sync 2 ways, ie: my hdd to my flashdrive (when I've worked on my desktop) and the flashdrive back to the hdd (when I've worked remotely on someone else's machine).

Does that make sense? The above suggestions may allow that, but I'm still trying to figure them out.

4. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

Well they do allow it, I only really have experience with Chronosync which I use to do just that but with my laptop and my desktop. Chronosync does cost money where as arrsync and probably others out there are free and will accomplish what you want.

The programs often have a free trial period so you can always give them a try and see if they fit what you want from the program before committing.

I am sure there are others out there but these are the few off the top of my head.