Leopard syncing problems

Discussion in 'macOS' started by CaptLeopard, Oct 1, 2007.

1. CaptLeopard macrumors newbie

Hi.

I just installed the lasted build of Leopard (9A559), and it has been a breeze so far. However, I have some trouble syncing all wanted information with .mac.
    I have turned on both Address Book and iCal sync in Leopard, but I can't get the information from my Tiger MacBook transferred over to my Leopard iMac. The mail account information is perfectly synced, but addresses and calendar will not.

Anyone else with simular experiences?

2. Peace macrumors P6

Peace

3. notsofatjames macrumors 6502a

notsofatjames

Sorry, i dont have a .mac account to try, though iSync with my phone works, and i always thought that .mac syncing used iSync. In 10.4 .mac was in the iSync device list, and the iSync menu bar item.

4. CaptLeopard thread starter macrumors newbie

5. CaptLeopard thread starter macrumors newbie

But the weird thing here is that .mac sync some information, but not all. Could there be a problem parsing data from the old versions of iCal and Address Book into the new ones?

6. RodySt macrumors newbie

I have the exact same problem.

My MacBook is running Leopard build 9A559, my iMac Tiger version 10.4.10.

.Mac will sync Mail accounts (only some rules won't), but iCal, Address book and Safari bookmarks will not sync at all.

No error messages, the sync 'arrows' go round and round and then it says it has been synced - but it isn't...

Very strange, I assume Leopard and Tiger's .Mac data are compatible?

Anyone else has this problem (or knows a solution)?

7. RodySt macrumors newbie

I think I found out that the iCal and Address Book database use a different back-end, so when you upgrade from Tiger to Leopard the database gets updated (you will see a screen that says that).

I guess this will be fixed with a Tiger update, so that Tiger and Leopard iCal & AB will work together.

I installed 9a599 on my iMac as well (with the good data) and it works very well now and it syncs to my macbook :)