Leopard System Reqs. Revealed?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by amoda, Jun 13, 2007.

1. amoda macrumors 6502a

I don't know how trust worthy this source is but check this out. It seems really though. Support till G4, but no G3, requires a minimum 256mb ram and 6GB harddrive. I don't understand why a built in firewire would be important though.

2. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

maybe at the final stage, the sys req would change a bit, this is developer preview anyway. more like a alpha-beta

3. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

Nothing alpha about it, the copy developers got last year was sort of an alpha-beta.

For the record, I don't think there's any reason to believe those requirements aren't legit. And, if youre using a G3, it's really time to upgrade anyway.

4. trevorlsciact macrumors regular

NOOOOOOOO!!! 1990's FOREVAR!!!! :rolleyes:

I do wish I could update my iMac SE upstairs to leopard just to get a couple more years from it. If I can't I'll have to find a copy of tiger on ebay so it won't be 2 updates behind. oh well, I knew this day would come :(

5. TWLreal macrumors 6502

6. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

7. screensaver400 macrumors 6502a

Firewire isn't a requirement, but the period in which computers were first produced with built-in firewire is. It sets a benchmark for maximum age.

8. aquajet macrumors 68020

I don't believe in an arbitrary cutoff point for upgrading. Many people use G3s and those machines suit their needs well enough.

I would have liked to see at least the later G3 iBooks (models with QE) supported, but that's simply the way it goes. Can't expect to be supported forever.

I wonder if Leopard will be the last OS for G4s...

If I'm not mistaken, all G4s have Firewire. Probably just a case of redundancy...