Leopard Time Machine - Missing Graphics?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by choreo, Jan 31, 2008.

1. choreo macrumors regular

choreo

On my new Mac Pro Tower, Time Machine seems to be working fine (performing/displaying backups), but my installation of TM only shows a white solid background in the application (behind the windows going back in time).

Is there a way to set this to the default "Vortex" animated image? It is like they either did not get installed or lost their link to the application?

2. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

have you touched any of the images in Finder's resources folder? if not then try repairing permissions as those files may have the incorrect permissions to display in the Time Machine UI properly.

3. choreo thread starter macrumors regular

choreo

No - I have touched nothing in that folder and Permissions have been repaired several times - usually with no problems found.

TM has always displayed a white background since day one?

4. SooTyLaD macrumors member

my time machine doesn't have the restore and cancel buttons :( - well... is has the buttons, but the words cancel and restore are missing :(

would this repairing permissions thing help me? how do you do that?

5. choreo thread starter macrumors regular

choreo

I found the Vortex images inside the Finder's Package contents and I am guessing that is where TM accesses those images from for it's animated interface background?

If that assumption is true... then somehow TM is not accessing/displaying those images. Can this be fixed?