Leopard: To install or not?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by wheezy84, Feb 16, 2008.

1. wheezy84 macrumors newbie

Hi

Was wondering if I should wait to install Leopard or keep using the Tiger that came with my refurbished Macbook pre SR. Thanks for the input.

2. menthol moose macrumors regular

If you didn't get a drop-in disc so you could upgrade, then I wouldn't do it, unless of course you need an application that only works with Leopard. Otherwise, I would just stick with Tiger.

3. Fezzasus macrumors regular

yeah go for it, I like leopard - haven't really had any problems with any of the programs I run and there's much to gain from leopard such as time machine.

4. munckee macrumors 65816

I switched about a month-6 weeks ago. Didn't think much of it until this weekend when I had the occassion to use a Tiger machine again. Leo just looks a lot cleaner to me now. Subtle, but worth it IMO.

5. Neil321 macrumors 68040

Neil321

6. Techguy172 macrumors 68000

I'd seriously wait if it works then don't go screwing around leopard still has issues wait till 10.5.4 Maybe then revisit the situation I wish I had tiger right now, It's not worth the risk.

7. Fezzasus macrumors regular

I agree, leopard looks much more mature than tiger.

8. benlee macrumors 65816

benlee

I'm not sure what risk you are talking about. Although Tiger may be more stable that doesn't mean Leopard is horribly unstable. I haven't had any problems and I absolutely love Leopard. It is a subtle change but a very welcomed one.

Do it. Just back up.

9. juanster macrumors 68020

juanster

i switched :Dthe first day it came out, haven't had any major issues now, except for a folder thingy and it was fixed with 10.5.1 so no complains i say go for it..

10. elppa macrumors 68040

elppa

Leopard is the better operating system, no question.

Whether you need it is really only a question you can answer, if you are happy with Tiger and it does everything you need then by all means stick with it.

TBH I didn't need Leopard, but I like having the latest OS and I feel it runs better on my computer than Tiger. App launch speed is better, for example and the Finder is faster and more efficient. I certainly didn't need it though, just wanted it.

11. mbrydone macrumors regular

leopard is awesome...but tiger should continue working great for you unless you need 10.5 for an app