Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Projectmorpheus

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 17, 2009
I backed up my computer prior to trying to update from leopard to snow leopard. While updating the computer crashed and I was left booting into my windows partition.

While trying to load everything back it got hung up while restoring from my backup. Needless to say it crashed again. So this time I didn't bother restoring and just installed Leopard and subsequently Snow leopard.

Now my question is can I restore what I've backed up now that I'm already on Snow Leopard and the back-up was done on Leopard.

- My harddrive is just as full as it was previously and I can still see my old profiles..

Nov 28, 2010
located
There is no need to install Leopard prior to installing Snow Leopard, as the Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard Upgrade DVD is a fully working RETAIL version and works on all Intel Macs.
You could try a clean install of Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard and then migrate files and applications and settings via the Setup Assistant or Migration Assistant.
To create a Clean Install (formerly known as Erase & Install) of Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard, follow one of the following guides:
Short version: Clean Install of OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard
Long version: Mac OS X v10.6 Snow Leopard: How to Erase and Install

Projectmorpheus

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 17, 2009
Thanks a lot!

Now that I'm in Snow Leopard a few of my apps have been replaced with a "?" in the Dock and are missing from their usual place in the Appilcations folder..

Also when I ran a search for Transmission (one of the missing programs) I find a "Transmission (Mac).exe" and "Transmission (Mac).ink" which are apparently are stored on my Windows partition under Parallels Shared Applications Folder. Same goes for a couple of the other missing apps where as some are just missing completely.

Any ideas what happened to them ?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.