Leopard to Snow Leopard

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Sambo110, Aug 15, 2009.

1. Sambo110 macrumors 68000

If people have no idea, please just say so. Will upgrading Leopard to Snow Leopard be the same as a clean install? I would assume so. Do you think you would need to install Rosetta? How big is it? And if a new version of Boot Camp comes out, will I have to re-install Windows, or will it just update it or something? Thanks.

2. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

3. carlosbutler macrumors 6502a

carlosbutler

it will not be a clean install i dont think as the information that has come out says that no option is given when doing an install and that it simply archives, and installs. you will still be able to do a 'fresh' install to format and erase the disc if you start up using the disc and go to disk utility.

if a new boot camp is released, which i doubt since it works perfectly fine now, it would not require another install of windows as that would be ridiculous.

they say its about 6GB smaller, and, well yeah thats it. its 6GB smaller than currently needed.

4. Sambo110 thread starter macrumors 68000

What I meant was, would an erase and install make the Mac run faster than just an upgrade? And I read something about a Boot Camp 3 beta?

5. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

No.

What about it? There's nothing to tell. Boot Camp is a partition tool; it really doesn't do anything that Disk Utility can't.

The only Windows enhancement will be HFS+ read support.

6. Sambo110 thread starter macrumors 68000

Ok then, thanks. One more thing. I only use Windows for games, mainly Valve games. I just installed the drivers straight off the Leopard discs. Can I get new drivers for my video card (Ati Radeon 2400HD), and would they give me a better frame rate? Or should I not worry about doing that.